Canadian American Hockey League - Opening Up

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
MLavaty
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Canadian American Hockey League - Opening Up

Post by MLavaty »

Hello... just purchased STHS and have been playing around with it quite a bit. I used FHL for years so it isnt too drastic of a change. Anyway, I plan to open up a 20 team league in the next couple of weeks and was checking to see if there was much interest in an English based league. Seems most people on here speak French... which is fine, but I dont understand it! :lol:

I am thinking about having a complete fantasy draft league to start with, using NHL players. It would be time consuming, so I am trying to find dedicated GMs that would wait out the draft with me, and not quit before we get the league off the ground.

So if you are interested, go ahead and post here so I can get a feel for what I'm up against. If you want to email me or PM me, thats not a problem.

Thanks!
Mike
[email protected]
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Hey MLavaty, I also just bought the simulator and I am wanting to start a new league. But I am wanting to use fantasy players, I have the league all set up already. I was wondering if maybe you would like to get in on it and maybe you could run a league with me.

let me know if you want to
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Not sure that I necessarily want to help run the league... I prefer leagues with NHL names in there as opposed to fictional players. Thanks a lot for the offer though.

By the way, is it going to be a draft or random teams with the fantasy players?

I wouldn't mind bouncing ideas back and forth with you as to rules to be implemented in the league, as I've already got my rules written up. I'm just working on getting a decent webpage up and running, and then I need to find a core of quality GMs before I can get started... PM or email me if you wanna talk. I have AIM and ICQ.

-Mike
[email protected]
Pate
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Pate »

I'd be interested Mike. Keep me in mind and let me know as things progress for you... Thanks.
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Thanks for your interest Pate, I'll be in touch...
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Well I have received several messages via email regarding interest in a league such as the one I have described. Myself included, I have 5 people that would like to be in the league. Over the next week I am going to simply play around with the new software... A LOT! I want to have a firm grasp on the simulator before I start using it and get into a situation that I cant get out of. Also, I want to try to get the settings accurately aligned with NHL results in terms of goals, PP, PK, etc.

If anyone else is interested, PLEASE email me or post here, so that I can give you more information.

And to those that have expressed interest, I will be emailing you by the end of next week with league developments.

-Mike
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

well I have a poll up on my site as to what the GM's want to have, manual or automatic draft.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

I'm interested, but I'm not at home next week. (Sweden plays FIFA World Cup) :)

I would also know a bit of the rules before I say that I'm in!

Fredrik Laving
mail: [email protected]
msn: [email protected]
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Ok, I'll mark ya in for now so if you dont respond to my email next week, I'll know that you're out of town. I will get the rules out by about Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for the post!
slats432
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by slats432 »

Are we talking NHL rerates or SIM rerates?
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Sim rerates... prospects would come in with ratings based on their scouting reports, but from there on, let the sim take over.