Atlantic Hockey League Expansion

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
legionnaire11
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Atlantic Hockey League Expansion

Post by legionnaire11 »

https://atlantichockeyleague.com/

The AHL is currently a 24 team league in our 17th season. We are looking to expand up to 32 teams beginning with 2 new teams next summer. I'm gauging interest at this time even though it will be several months before you can officially join. I would like to get the two new managers in the fold some time in April so you have a chance to feel out the league, plan for free agency and the expansion draft and make a few deals ahead of time.

What are some features of our league?

2 seasons simulated per year. We are just about to the playoffs in season 17, season 18 will start in January/February and end in the summer. Your team will start play in season 19.

Team names allowed are any current or former NHL franchise. There is a list of open franchises available upon request.

Full farm system, each team has a full farm team roster and schedule which runs along with the pro season.

Full prospect draft, we draft on a one year delay. When you join, your first draft will be in 2024 and will consist of the 2023 NHL draftees (Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Michkov...)

Full financial market with salary cap, ticket prices, restricted and unrestricted free agency.
MercySeverity

Re: Atlantic Hockey League Expansion

Post by MercySeverity »

I am interested if you are still expanding
legionnaire11

Post by legionnaire11 »

Both spots are currently filled. We might be looking to replace an existing GM or two at some point soon though.
legionnaire11

Post by legionnaire11 »

Both expansion spots are filled, but I'm looking for a replacement GM for the Montreal Canadiens. We're around 3 weeks from the trade deadline and I'd like someone in place by then to manage the team through the expansion draft (and hopefully forever)