RC 0.9.4 - Assists are still messed up

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Philippe27
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

RC 0.9.4 - Assists are still messed up

Post by Philippe27 »

Defensemen are still getting more assists than forwards even if I drop their passing considerably. This is by far the biggest problem in the sim and instead of solving all the little bugs I seriously think you should concentrate on this for 0.9.5.
All I can suggest is that more goals are scored on rebounds and play cloe to the net because that's where forwards get assist and d-men don't.
Please do,t say it's my ratings because I've tried with all sets of ratings that have been released and it's the same with all of them.
Last edited by Philippe27 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

It's all in de play bt play so a d-men starts the play and if a goal is score before the team passes two time the D-men gets an assist...
Nwha's young sensation!
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:It's all in de play bt play so a d-men starts the play and if a goal is score before the team passes two time the D-men gets an assist...
Yeah that's exactly what it is. I'm just having trouble understand how people care more about OV which means nothing at all than this which is probably the most important issue left to resolve.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

The game engine will probably be imporve but we need to find a solution for all hockey league. Retro AHL european Junior etc. Not just for season 05-06. It's like to force a GM tu use shutout or salary cap...
Nwha's young sensation!
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:The game engine will probably be imporve but we need to find a solution for all hockey league. Retro AHL european Junior etc. Not just for season 05-06. It's like to force a GM tu use shutout or salary cap...
Yeah I understand that but in how many leagues do d-men get more assists than forwards? For AHL, retro and junior stuff all that can be fixed with sliders (increasing goals or penalties) but things that are similar for all leagues such as assists need to be fixed with the engine soon because it is the most important part. FHL might not have had all these options but it had a good sim engine and that's why it was succesful.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

I understand what you mean but all is about play by play so we need to find what's wrong. Sliders and rates has nothing to do with that.

I'll look that this afternoon.
Nwha's young sensation!
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:I understand what you mean but all is about play by play so we need to find what's wrong. Sliders and rates has nothing to do with that.

I'll look that this afternoon.
Oh yeah I understand that it's all about play-by-play for assists.

I mean in the juniors there are more goals so if someone wants to do a QMJHL league that can be ajusted with sliders. I'll keep looking at play-by-play and see what I can find.
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

ok I boosted goals to the max, here are all the goals in one game where a d-man got an assist and the play-by-play

3. Montreal , Richard Zednik 1 (Michael Komisarek, Mathieu Dandenault) at 5:55
Mathieu Dandenault loses puck. Free Puck Retrieved by Michael Komisarek for Montreal. Pass to Richard Zednik. Shot by Richard Zednik. Goal by Richard Zednik.
8. Montreal , Chris Higgins 1 (Francis Bouillon, Michael Ryder) at 18:33
Michael Ryder is hit by Martin Rucinsky and loses puck. Free Puck Retrieved by Francis Bouillon for Montreal. Pass to Chris Higgins. Shot by Chris Higgins. Goal by Chris Higgins
10. Montreal , Chris Higgins 2 (Craig Rivet) at 0:25
Pass by Petr Sykora intercepted by Craig Rivet. Craig Rivet moves puck in neutral zone. Pass to Chris Higgins in NY Rangers zone. Shot by Chris Higgins. Goal by Chris Higgins
11. NY Rangers , Martin Rucinsky 4 (Marek Malik) at 0:53
Pass by Andrei Markov intercepted by Marek Malik in neutral zone. Pass to Martin Rucinsky in Montreal zone. Shot by Martin Rucinsky. Goal by Martin Rucinsky.
14. NY Rangers , Dominic Moore 1 (Darius Kasparaitis) at 5:28
Tom Poti loses puck. Free Puck Retrieved by Darius Kasparaitis for NY Rangers. Pass to Dominic Moore. Shot by Dominic Moore. Goal by Dominic Moore.
15. NY Rangers , Petr Sykora 1 (Fedor Tyutin) at 6:37
Pass by Mathieu Dandenault intercepted by Fedor Tyutin. Pass to Petr Sykora. Shot by Petr Sykora. Goal by Petr Sykora.
17. Montreal , Jan Bulis 2 (Sheldon Souray, Saku Koivu) at 11:07
Pass to Saku Koivu. Pass to Sheldon Souray. Pass to Jan Bulis. Shot by Jan Bulis. Goal by Jan Bulis.
19. Montreal , Chris Higgins 3 (Francis Bouillon, Craig Rivet) at 13:32 (PP)
Pass to Craig Rivet. Pass to Francis Bouillon. Francis Bouillon loses puck. Free Puck Retrieved by Francis Bouillon for Montreal. Pass to Chris Higgins. Shot by Chris Higgins. Goal by Chris Higgins
20. Montreal , Chris Higgins 4 (Craig Rivet) at 19:09
Pass by Jaromir Jagr intercepted by Craig Rivet. Pass to Chris Higgins. Shot by Chris Higgins. Goal by Chris Higgins.
24. NY Rangers , Martin Rucinsky 6 (Marek Malik) at 14:33
Pass by Michael Komisarek intercepted by Marek Malik. Pass to Martin Rucinsky. Shot by Martin Rucinsky. Goal by Martin Rucinsky.
25. NY Rangers , Martin Rucinsky 7 (Marek Malik, Michael Nylander) at 18:15
Pass to Michael Nylander in neutral zone. Pass to Marek Malik in Montreal zone. Pass to Martin Rucinsky. Shot by Martin Rucinsky. Goal by Martin Rucinsky.
26. Montreal , Richard Zednik 2 (Mathieu Dandenault, Mike Ribeiro) at 19:23 (Empty Net)
Pass to Mathieu Dandenault. Mathieu Dandenault moves puck in neutral zone. Mathieu Dandenault moves puck in NY Rangers zone. Pass to Richard Zednik. Shot by Richard Zednik. Goal by Richard Zednik.

The main thing I see is that a lot of times it's a d-man bringing the puck in the offensive zone makes one pass and there's a goal.

Most goals in the NHL are scored when the puck is cycled around the net (can be 7-8 passes easily) between the forwards and then the puck moves to the front of the net and there's a rebound or something like that. That's how forwards get assists and not d-men.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

Yeah turnover is a big part of hockey game but there almost al goal are score on turnovers..

How the other goal has been score?
Nwha's young sensation!
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

1. Michael Nylander moves puck in Montreal zone. Pass to Marek Malik. Pass to Jaromir Jagr. Pass to Michael Nylander. Pass to Martin Rucinsky. Pass to Jaromir Jagr. Shot by Jaromir Jagr. Goal by Jaromir Jagr.
2. Saku Koivu wins face-off versus Dominic Moore in NY Rangers zone. Pass to Alex Kovalev. Shot by Alex Kovalev. Goal by Alex Kovalev.
3. Saku Koivu wins face-off versus Jaromir Jagr in NY Rangers zone. Pass to Alex Kovalev. Pass to Andrei Markov. Shot by Andrei Markov. Goal by Andrei Markov.
4. Michael Nylander wins face-off versus Saku Koivu in neutral zone. Pass to Jaromir Jagr. Jaromir Jagr moves puck in Montreal zone. Shot by Jaromir Jagr. Goal by Jaromir Jagr.

A lot are off the faceoffs. I would say about 60% of the goals should be like the 1st one in this post.
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

bump. Please Simon this needs to be fixed, let me know if I can find anything else in the Play-by-Play to help you solve this.
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

It's true then in 80' a player go through the zone and the defesemen let him go but the passes don'yt always come from a defensemem. It's sure a defesmen can't win the maurice richard or the art ross. The sim can't be just like the new nhl but it must be realistic and if a D-men score 50 goals all season I don't think it's like any period of the nhl...
Nwha's young sensation!
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:It's true then in 80' a player go through the zone and the defesemen let him go but the passes don'yt always come from a defensemem. It's sure a defesmen can't win the maurice richard or the art ross. The sim can't be just like the new nhl but it must be realistic and if a D-men score 50 goals all season I don't think it's like any period of the nhl...
I'd rather have it relatively close to the new NHL and then adjusted with ratings if you want an 80's league.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

Kostitsyn1489 wrote:It's true then in 80' a player go through the zone and the defesemen let him go but the passes don'yt always come from a defensemem. It's sure a defesmen can't win the maurice richard or the art ross. The sim can't be just like the new nhl but it must be realistic and if a D-men score 50 goals all season I don't think it's like any period of the nhl...
didnt Orr win the Art Ross once or twice?
Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 »

There were 3 D's in the top 30 in assists this seasonm it's not because the best D of all team once led the league in points 30 years ago that the whole sim has to be based around him.