9 yr established STHS league seeks GM's for expansion

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
mleduc CNGHL
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

9 yr established STHS league seeks GM's for expansion

Post by mleduc CNGHL »

Perhaps I should clarify, prior to last season we used FHL and made the switch over last year to STHS with much success.

We are a 20 team league called the CNGHL, for Canucks Newsgroup Hockey League. We aim to expand to 22 teams and within 3 seasons to what we believe to be the optimum, 24 teams. Our team names are imaginary in that they reflect the members geographical orientation and personality, if you wish to be called the Memphremagog Monsters, that would be more than OK with us. Currently we have members in Canada (Mostly from the greater Vancouver area, but also the US and Sweden and Denmark.) with team names like the Copenhagen Ducklings, The Stockholm Blondes, and the Honolulu Hyacks. Though many share the interest of being Vancouver Canucks fans naturally, this is not exclusive.

Our age ranges in the league, range from the early 20's to gentlemen in their late 40's. What we seek in candidates are individuals of not of any particular age bracket, but those who will be committed to the group both active in trading and on the community boards. We confess that we would prefer you to see us as your your #1 league rather than as an addendum, so if you are primarily looking to expand your sim hockey experience with an additional league we suggest you look elsewhere. That being said, if you are a newbie to the sim hockey experience we would gladly welcome you with open arms and ease you into the process as our interest is more in creating a community of great hockey fans over the purely Machiavellian experience of winning at all costs.

Our leagues big plan for this off-season is to add the Sim Hockey Web portal to our site to make our league more dynamic and graphically interesting, as well as to regularly upgrade to the latest SimonT sim software. We hope this dedication has appeal. At this moment we use DVHL ratings, but as always, this is a point for debate and is up for discussion...

Please contact me if you have interest in the league or any questions...

CNGHL - http://www.cnghl.net

MICHAEL LEDUC
[email protected]
mleduc CNGHL
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: 9 yr established STHS league seeks GM's for expansion

Post by mleduc CNGHL »

I thought that I would also add that there is also an established team in our league that is looking for a new GM and that would be what we are looking for first before expansion considerations. The star of note on the team is Ilya Kovalchuk and the goalie is Marty Turco. Other than that I would suggest that might be a good candidate for a re-build team for those who are so inclined as it has many older players...

Once again...
www.cnghl.net

contact
MICHAEL LEDUC
[email protected]
CNGHL Angus
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: 9 yr established STHS league seeks GM's for expansion

Post by CNGHL Angus »

Bump for some CNGHL love. :D

Expansion appears to be off for this season unfortunately.

We have an immediate opening to fill though:

http://www.cnghl.net/CNGHL10-TeamRoster.html#Bombers

We're currently in our Free Agent period and we're having our Entry Draft soon so pieces can be added to put your own stamp on things. There's still time to create you own unique team name and arena too.