Fantasy (Fake) Players?

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
JayGee
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Fantasy (Fake) Players?

Post by JayGee »

I was wondering if anyone had any fake player roster files laying around for STHS? FHL had a generator where you could literally make a league of fictional players in a couple minutes. But the only one I found for STHS cost $25 bucks. Was wondering if anyone had some roster files for this?
JayGee
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Fantasy (Fake) Players?

Post by JayGee »

Nobody?
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

couldn't you just make something in excel that could randomize everything for you? It's what I'd probably do if I wanted to make a ton of fake players.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

Well, we've created ourselves over 600+ players in the last 5 years and really, really don't feel like giving away such a file.

You'll build yourself a league with patience (and helpful GMs) :)
DHLB Commish
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by DHLB Commish »

I agree. I personally sell the KF Utgilitiesut it is not to create RANDOM players but players based on actual production STATS you enter so if your looking for a quick generation program, none is available to general public that I know of for STHS.

The problem with the RANDOM creation is basically ther BALANCE. We had created one using the PYTHON programming language for FHL. It worked great and balance was part of the program but using EXCEL, it would be a hell of a thing to program because you don'T want a season with 50 Sydney Crosbies or else another season with no one better than a Josh Gorges :) You need parameters and balance. Excel can probably do it BUT would be a hell of a programming file to get actual balance, stability and usuable players all around.

One thing you could do is create a simple excel sheet (and I mean this as a basic programming sheet for what you want to do) which would do this:

- Takes a BASE starting point for the stat
- Adds a Random (+1 to ? max you want the stat to hit upon creation. I would aim for a MAX of 90 for the stat to avoid hitting over 99 all the time)
- Add another Random of +\- 10 (or whatever amount you want to hit on it) which would be another factor to the whole thing.

This would avoid you having players with stats LOWER (in general) than your BASE starting point (say 30 or 40, depending on your minimum you wish for your stat) and the randoms would then generate themselves. I would maybe add an IF clause in the calculation with a reference CELL to make sure you can eneter the MAXIMUM you want a stat to be and a MINIMUM and this modifiable for EVERY stat (as discipline and fighting may be acceptable to be lower than lets say a SCORING or DF). For Potential, I suggest a home grown calculation based on stat created based on the position they have (DF being more valuable to a Defenceman than an ATTACKER or WINGER etc etc). You can also add AGE factors (if creating players that are older than 23 let's say) etc etc

Just a few ideas you can use. This would be quite simple to program (if you know what I am talking about when I talk about RANDOM, MAX, IF clauses in Excel) and if you don't, you can simply use the HELP tutorial IN the Excel program to guide you through how to use them to create your cells. This type of creation would not offer a BALANCED creation of players (meaning having too many strong players or too many weak ones) but you can always tweak the stats manually once everything is generated.

Hope this helps.