Web Portal: about to buy, any reviews?

Everything about Third Party and Add-ons Programs; request, support, suggestions, etc / Tout ce qui touche les programmes tiers: demandes, support, suggestions, etc
Commissaire_Pat
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Web Portal: about to buy, any reviews?

Post by Commissaire_Pat »

Hey everyone,

I'm about to purchase the Web Portal (with installation). Was simply wondering if I could invest that 60$ while being confident the job would be well done.

I really don't know much about websites so I wan't to make sure I'm going to be set up properly. Up to now, I set up my web hosting along with my url but that's about it.

Thx for sharing.
Commissaire de la LNHS
Grande ouverture début février
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Web Portal: about to buy, any reviews?

Post by Kramden23 »

Commissaire_Pat wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm about to purchase the Web Portal (with installation). Was simply wondering if I could invest that 60$ while being confident the job would be well done.

I really don't know much about websites so I wan't to make sure I'm going to be set up properly. Up to now, I set up my web hosting along with my url but that's about it.

Thx for sharing.
Personally I'm not a fan of the portal at all. I purchased it, installed it and never used it again. First off installation is a pain if you are not familiar with Mysql or general knowledge pertaining to. I see you're having it installed, but you will not be able to maintain if you don't know what you're doing. Along the same lines if you look at the section on here for the portal you will see many, many issues that people have and the "fixes" they have to go through to make it function properly. If you can't follow that stuff yourself then you'll be screwed. The biggest problem is that there seems to be zero support from the creator. He never comes here, never responds to posts, and from what I've heard from others doesn't exactly seem to keep up with support e-mails either. Pretty much you'll purchase, have it installed and then be on your own from there on. Sure the portal looks cool but it also looks like every other site that uses it, and with everything else I mentioned above I would stay away. Others might tell you different, but that's just my opinion :?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Commissaire_Pat
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Commissaire_Pat »

Thanks for sharing,

Actually that was enough for me to go a different route.
Commissaire de la LNHS
Grande ouverture début février
marc-andré morin
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by marc-andré morin »

I'va bought it few weeks ago and like Kramden say, it a payne to run. I don't know a lot in Mysql and now it's so complicated. You have to config a lot of thing and if you don't have a tech guy who could help you, find something else.