DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
hammett19
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

Post by hammett19 »

what I mean is I have both... Kyle Okposo is in the prospect also, Turris, Giroux, etc. Carey Price was already in the database as Koistinen, Cogliano too but their stats haven't change. When I loaded the DVHL ratings and after the automatic Prospect activation, okposo, turris are still in the prospect list and not in the farm or pro team.

Thank you
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

hammett19 wrote:what I mean is I have both... Kyle Okposo is in the prospect also, Turris, Giroux, etc. Carey Price was already in the database as Koistinen, Cogliano too but their stats haven't change. When I loaded the DVHL ratings and after the automatic Prospect activation, okposo, turris are still in the prospect list and not in the farm or pro team.

Thank you
Send me your league files as well as the DVHL csv your trying to use. I'll see what i can do.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Bonjour,

En prenant votre rating, je me retrouve avec des équipes très incomplètes. En fait, il manque plusieurs joueurs du Farm, des joueurs qui évoluent dans la Ligue Américaine.

Plusieurs de ces joueurs ont déjà un contrat signé, mais ils ne sont pas sur la liste de DVHL. Est-ce que quelqu'un peut me donner un site ayant les cotes de ces joueurs de la Ligue Américaine? Nous ne pouvons créer des cotes parce que souvent ces joueurs n'ont pas du tout jouer dans la LNH.

Merci pour tout; vous faites un très beau boulot et vous nous permettez de vivre notre passion... :)
SICHLCommish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by SICHLCommish »

Thank you DMaster for your many hours spent on re-rates. Hundreds (and maybe thousands) of hockey fans benefit from your work every year.

Just a quick question - you mentioned in your original post that you would be removing the non-active NHL players from the files for your own league; is there any chance that you could re-post the files with all those players who did not play at least 1 NHL regular season game last season removed? If not, I'll do it myself - just thought that if somebody had already done the work, it could save me the hours :)
Dmaster

Post by Dmaster »

In order to remove every players without stats, just compare my rating file with a another file that has only players with stats. With a simple Vlookup formula, you will be able to find the players you want to remove.

Like I said, the updated file will only have retired or inactivated players removed. By inactivated, I mean non NHLers for the last 3 years. Don't wait for this version as it will still have players without stats in.

Dmaster 8)
SICHLCommish

Post by SICHLCommish »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been going through today (at work :roll: ) and noticed that Teddy Purcell doesn't seem to be in your ratings file (he played 10 games for LA last season)
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

SICHLCommish wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been going through today (at work :roll: ) and noticed that Teddy Purcell doesn't seem to be in your ratings file (he played 10 games for LA last season)
I have him in my DVHL ratings set, he is named Ted Purcell.
There are a few other players with similar problems. You just have to go and fix them to what you had in your league, ie: Michael Peca -> Mike Peca, Michael Cammalleri -> Mike Cammalleri, Matthew Stajan - Matt Stajan etc.

It's the same problems each season with the follwoing names:
Alexander/Alexandre -> Alex
Michael -> Mike
Matthew -> Matt

You also have to check last names like: MacKenzie -> Mackenzie, The third letter sometimes is a capital and if it is not in the ratings set it won't update properly.
SICHLCommish

Post by SICHLCommish »

I found somebody named "Edward Purcell" - for some reason Excel wasn't finding "Purcell" earlier... anyway. Thanks!
CNGHL Angus

Post by CNGHL Angus »

SICHLCommish wrote:I found somebody named "Edward Purcell" - for some reason Excel wasn't finding "Purcell" earlier... anyway. Thanks!
Edward's nickame/common name is Teddy (or Ted).
SWB

Post by SWB »

Bonjour,

J'aimerais comprendre un peu la façon de procéder pour les cotes.

Quand je vois un gars ben ordinaire comme Greg Zanon, avec un 79 de DF et qui a eu un -5 l'an passé, je me dis qu'il doit avoir un erreur.

Comment un gars comme Markov et Hamrlik peuvent-ils avoir un meilleur OV qu'un Brian Campbell?

Comment un gars comme Kovalev a un OV similaire à Crosby?

DVHL serait-il un partisan du Canadien? ...
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

SWB wrote:Bonjour,

J'aimerais comprendre un peu la façon de procéder pour les cotes.

Quand je vois un gars ben ordinaire comme Greg Zanon, avec un 79 de DF et qui a eu un -5 l'an passé, je me dis qu'il doit avoir un erreur.

Comment un gars comme Markov et Hamrlik peuvent-ils avoir un meilleur OV qu'un Brian Campbell?

Comment un gars comme Kovalev a un OV similaire à Crosby?

DVHL serait-il un partisan du Canadien? ...
The DVHL uses a formula to make those ratings.
It all depends on the amount of games the player also plays which factors into the formula.

And you will have to remember, the is no rate that will be 100% perfect.
If there is an individual rate that you disagree with, there is nothing wrong for you to put it where you think it should be at.
JayGee

Post by JayGee »

I have tried looking around, because I heard they were out there. But what are the reccomended slider positions for this pack? If anyone can take the time to send that over, that would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

JayGee wrote:I have tried looking around, because I heard they were out there. But what are the reccomended slider positions for this pack? If anyone can take the time to send that over, that would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

A quick search of the forum i came up with this:

* Report this post

Re: dvhl update for the '08-'09 season?

Postby Dmaster on Wednesday 27 August 2008 Ã 21:30
Coaches 30
Fights 30
Finance 70
Goals 50
Injuries 40
Morale 20
Penalties 40
Shots 45
hio

Post by hio »

When about will be DVHL ratings for 2009-10 (with Mason, Oshie etc.)? I can't wait :)
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

They have always been released sometime from mid-August to mid to late September.

So they are still a few months from being ready.