Anyone interested in adding a Jr. and Euro League ?

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
WSHLGM
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Anyone interested in adding a Jr. and Euro League ?

Post by WSHLGM »

Anyone interested in adding a Junior league and Euro league to their existing pro and farm leagues?

I was planning on starting a league recently with the usual pro and farm leagues; however, I also had an idea to have a Jr. League and Euro league (i know its not a new idea) as well. Mostly, the benefit to having these additional leagues is a more in depth drafting and scouting experience. Also, the euro league could add a new dimention to signing players. it represents no added work for the GM as these leagues wont be run be anyone. It just acts as an added resource and adds realism to any league. I have these leagues completely set up and could pretty much be ready whenever if anyone is interested. There are a few things the existing league needs in order for this to work

1. Cant be an NHL rerate league. (for more reasons than one, most important reasons are listed below)
2. Works best if league runs on 2-3 month seasons (just because you will get more use out of the additional leagues)
3. Works best for leagues with updated rosters
4. Jr. league will be made up of fictional players so league has to be alright with that. Of course we can include current NHL prospects every calander year as they become draftable for those of you who follow prospects but after 4-5 seasons of drafting from this pool of players the league will slowly have more fictional players and the ratio will continue to rise until the league chooses to reset the rosters.

Aside from adding a new dimention to drafting players, it also offeres a solution to leagues that do run seasons every 2-3 months and run out of real prospects to draft. Its never fun restarting every 5-6 seasons. If you start a league with updated rosters, you have a problem right off the bat. If at first you are opposed to having fictional players in the league just think about it for a second. If you can start scouting a player at age 16 (2 yrs before hes even draft eligible) that player will be just as recognisable as a real prospect (maybe?) by the times hes 20, gm's would have had 4 seasons to track his progress. It's not like its just some guy named after a cartoon character thats just showing up on your team prospect list with a static set of attributes.

I think ill stop there with the initial explaination. It wont be a hard transition at all since I have the STHS program and am willing to run these leagues in affiliation to your existing one. Some roster tweaking will need to be done to make sure no player overlaps happen (depending on your existing roster).

I think this would be a great add for any league interested in adding another aspect of realism without adding any more work (because ill be doing it)

If you're interested in my idea and want some more info, just post here with your email or something and league URL. As I said, the leagues are completely done as are the sites that I made up for them so if you want a preview then I can give you the URL.

Thanks,
WSHLGM

Re: Anyone interested in adding a Jr. and Euro League ?

Post by WSHLGM »

no one eh. all these posts about leagues starting up and leagues needing gm's and noones interested in trying this out?

its so hard to get GM's, since there are millions of leagues out there. Thats why I didnt end up starting my own league.

In my experience, leagues that have loyal and active GM's are the leagues that keep things interesting and are different from all the other leagues out there.

Now's your chance.
JayGee
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by JayGee »

Its a pretty cool idea, but whos to say you wont just disappear, leaving leagues in a lurch?
WSHLGM

Post by WSHLGM »

well for one thing i've already put in a lot of work on it so to just leave after its in place would be kinda stupid. Also, if something did happen and I was unable to continue with it, it wouldnt impact the league at all. It is a seperate site along with seperate sths files and sim. The league would be able to continue without any interuption. Although, once you use my idea, a league without it would be pretty boring and all your gm's would probably quit. haha.

but to answer your question, if anyone wants to try this out i'm not going to just leave once I set it up.
JayGee
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by JayGee »

It would hurt the league, terribly in fact. If your league disappeared, then there goes all the teams prospects, and future.
WSHLGM

Post by WSHLGM »

actually no. this idea would take around 2 hours work to integrate into the league and probably less time to completely remove. As it stands now, most leagues do not have a junior league. They have prospect list in the sim that shows up under the team prospect page. If for some reason I left, all the league would have to do is put that years prospects back into the file. Since most teams don't even make the prospects until the draft anyways, all it would mean is having to enter the names of the prospects and continue on as if nothing happened. Again, I wouldn't go through this much trouble if I was planning on leaving abruptly. If you like the idea but are afraid of me leaving, don't be; it's a non issue.