Retro League and the draft

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
powerdyne6
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Retro League and the draft

Post by powerdyne6 »

Hey guys/gals I have a quick question

I am contemplating starting another STHS league. Starting season would be somewhere around the 1990's

My questions is

How would you handle the draft each season?

As we are 24 years in the future from this date we know which players were stars and which players turned out to be busts
mixula67
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Retro League and the draft

Post by mixula67 »

I have a same problem ahead of me.

I was thinking something like this:
- I hide potentiality from GM's, I'm not running any team myself
- then I draw potential ratings to players. Example 1993 draft: 1st round had two players who never made NHL. So I give bad potential rating to two players. Then I give good potentiality ratings to few players from lower rounds. Our 1st may not get a highest potentiality, like 1993 when Daigle was 1st. That way I can have some "lucky factory" with draft.

But I like to know other ideas too!
HOFHL

Post by HOFHL »

We have a junior league were all players play a tleast 2 seasons and get rerated before they are eligable to draft. Good players are nromally still good, also potential is given based on the players rel NHL career games, but you also have some late round steals and first round failures cause of bad junior ratings.
powerdyne6

Post by powerdyne6 »

I forgot I even asked this question I do like the idea of having a junior league essentially to see how the prospects develop prior to being drafted

Thanks for the replies