Disabling Morale

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
jayuqo
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Disabling Morale

Post by jayuqo »

We're considering disabling the Morale in our league. Even though we only have it at 10 in our settings, it seems like it still has a significant impact on our league especially with the goalies. If a goalie starts sliding in th 30s, he can't stop anything which and his morale just plummets. Once his morale is extremely, it seems like there's no way to bring it up as wining seems to be the best way to increase it but you can't win with a goalie that can't top a beach ball.

I'm obviously not asking to reveal any secrets but I'm just tryin got somewhat measure the impact of such a change could have in our league just so I can verbalise it to our community.

We're running Engine 1.5.

Thanks in advance
Jay
League Administrator - CMHL
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Disabling Morale

Post by ynohtna »

Interesting, we turned on Morale a 3-4 seasons a go just to give us some variability.

This season I did get a question about turning down morale because the GM was feeling the teams are able to get out of their funk. I used to have 25 now at 15...

I keep winning so I guess I don't really feel it but I never felt morale really did anything and often can reduce even though while winning.
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.