DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
junior021
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: DVHL ratings for STHS 2008-2009

Post by junior021 »

Hi
If possible, can I receive his Formula from D Master for rerate my players on my league ????

Thanks

Mike
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

Yes. I emailed him today again just to remind him.

EDIT: He emailed to say he handed the formulas to SimonT. Simon? Can you confirm?
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

We have been using DVHL for a number of years going back to the FHLSIM days and prior to DVHL used Big Al's ratings.

We are currently working on a rating set based purely on players who played in the 2008/09 NHL season and their performance. We got a late start after we heard DVHL was moving on, however we should have a release in early August. For those who used Big Al or DVHL in the past, I think you will be pleased. The only exception is if you use non-NHL players from the prior year, they will not be included in what we are working on.

When we are done, we will post the ratings and a brief explaination of how they were derived. We will not be making any changes to individual ratings, so if you do not like a particular aspect, you can modify what we do yourselves.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

NAIHLStars wrote:We have been using DVHL for a number of years going back to the FHLSIM days and prior to DVHL used Big Al's ratings.

We are currently working on a rating set based purely on players who played in the 2008/09 NHL season and their performance. We got a late start after we heard DVHL was moving on, however we should have a release in early August. For those who used Big Al or DVHL in the past, I think you will be pleased. The only exception is if you use non-NHL players from the prior year, they will not be included in what we are working on.

When we are done, we will post the ratings and a brief explaination of how they were derived. We will not be making any changes to individual ratings, so if you do not like a particular aspect, you can modify what we do yourselves.
Very much looking forward to see what you put out! :)
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
tank7
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by tank7 »

this is great, i can't wait to see it either. Thanks, much appreciated!
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

NAIHLStars wrote: We are currently working on a rating set based purely on players who played in the 2008/09 NHL season and their performance. We got a late start after we heard DVHL was moving on, however we should have a release in early August.
Are the ratings still on track for early August? How early in August?
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

Marc the Habs Fan wrote:
NAIHLStars wrote: We are currently working on a rating set based purely on players who played in the 2008/09 NHL season and their performance. We got a late start after we heard DVHL was moving on, however we should have a release in early August.
Goalies and defense are done and being reviewed by our Board. Forwards will be completed this weekend and sent to the Board.

Expect a complete release sometime between August 9th-16th at the latest.

We will not be doing a partial release (ie just G or D)
BErrickson

Post by BErrickson »

Sounds good...I know I'm eagerly awaiting these ratings. Thanks for the work in getting them out!
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

NAIHLStars wrote:
Marc the Habs Fan wrote:
Goalies and defense are done and being reviewed by our Board. Forwards will be completed this weekend and sent to the Board.

Expect a complete release sometime between August 9th-16th at the latest.

We will not be doing a partial release (ie just G or D)
Thanks.

These ratings will be based purely on 2008-09 NHL season, right? I ask because DVHL usually looked at the last couple of seasons when doing his ratings.
NAIHLStars

Post by NAIHLStars »

NAIHLStars wrote:We have been using DVHL for a number of years going back to the FHLSIM days and prior to DVHL used Big Al's ratings.

They are completed and available in a new thread. Enjoy http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6054
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

Gentlemen,

It is with great pleasure that I announce that I have now finished the DVHL ratings for all players. You can see the ratings at the following link:

http://www.dvhlsim.com/DVHL2009/DVHL2009-allplayers.zip

I did not remove the retired or inactive players in order to serve as many leagues as possible. I will, for my league, remove them soon.

If you take these ratings in order to update your league, make sure you do a back up before. Then, extract your players and compare the names with the csv file: DVHL2009-PlayersRatings.csv

Modify the file DVHL2009-PlayersRatings.csv to fit your league player names. You also need to update all your contracts and salaries.

I hope you like these ratings and I wish you a great season if you use them.

Regards,

Dmaster
Do these ratings be updated yearly, and if so do they be released around the same time frame (August)?
Thanks
STHS Version 3.4.0.0
shamrocks
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by shamrocks »

The link doesn't work for me.
STHS Version 3.4.0.0