PHL- Brand New STHS league.

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
dankent1234
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

PHL- Brand New STHS league.

Post by dankent1234 »

I would like to start recruiting a list of gms for an old name,but a brand new STHS league.

The PHL has been around for 9 plus years, using the HLS2 simulator,and decided it needed something new. I will be the commissioner of the league,with two designated simmers who will be uploading the games. We will transfer over a portion of our committed gms we have had through the years,all other teams I will be taking applications now.

The league will feature 30 teams,with a fantasy draft to begin with,a very unique free agent system,and unique ways of negotiating contracts,along with "franchise tags" for players. The website(www.thephl.net) will use the simon t web portal, which I will have up and running tomorrow.

I have over 4 years of simming experience with HlS2,FHL and Eastside Hockey Manager,so I've done a little bit of everything,and will have a great group of guys helping me out.

The only teams that are currently accounted for are the

Toronto Maple Leafs
Edmonton Oilers
Colorado Avalanche
Boston Bruins

If you'd like to reserve a team, e mail me at [email protected],with the following info

Full Name
Team you'd like
Sim experience
Leagues currently in

New people are welcome,as long as they are willing to learn and spend the time.

When you apply,I will send you a full copy of the rules as the site is not up yet and you can let me know. I just wanted to get the ball moving and get this under way!
dankent1234

Re: PHL- Brand New STHS league.

Post by dankent1234 »

Hey guys,the site is fully up and running,with the list of players for the draft in the unassigned list. All deals over 10 years will be reduced down to 6 as that is our league maximum.

Full rule list is available on the message board.

So far the following teams are accounted for

Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Canucks
Toronto Maple Leafs
St Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche
Anaheim Ducks

With the transition from the HLS2 league to this one,we should get a wave of gms in fairly soon,so grab a spot!

http://www.thephl.net (Site is being pieced together and rulebook is getting some fine tuning,but for the most part the bread and butter of the rules are done,I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone gathering gms while finalizing the little stuff,just so that we aren't sitting around for weeks waiting to fill up)
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

www.thephl.net

so far there is 12 teams accounted for! filling up fast,come on guys,lets get this show on the road.

We have decided to let our veteran GMS of our other leagues pick first teams(not like it matters,it is a fantasy draft) but you can still reserve a spot and be guaranteed a team,and pick when the time comes.

So far the taken teams are

Colorado
St Louis
Edmonton
Anaheim
Winnipeg
Detroit
Phoenix
Vancouver
Montreal
Toronto

with 2 other GMS on the list who will choose when we open teams for picking(which won't be long)

let me know! [email protected] Rules are posted on the message board of the site
slats432
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by slats432 »

Sim rerates? Too bad.
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

Well they do call it a "fantasy" league don't they?
slats432

Post by slats432 »

All the power to you, hope the league goes well. Why bother with a fantasy draft of NHL players if in two seasons they won't resemble their NHL counterpart in any way? And the only reason I mentioned it was because it wasn't in the original post, and that is important to a lot of guys.

Again, to each their own and I hope you have a long successful league.
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

Yes that was my mistake,I should have posted it.

I think the fantasy draft builds activity. It's YOUR team,you've made it from scratch.

A new addition we have made is the idea of drafting a teams prospects. It will follow a reverse of te fantasy draft(first overall in the fantasy draft drafts last in the prospect draft) and you will draft a whole teams prospect list,instead of going player by player and adding a large amount of time to the fantasy draft.

We are over 2/3 full guys! Get your name in before the waiting list, we have a great core of
Gms and some excellent commissioners

The ratings pack will be updated tonight with a better package, after uploading it I don't really agree with the ratings.
ActionJackson

Post by ActionJackson »

I was about to jump all over this too until I read that it was a SIM rerate.
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

Hey guys,we got about 5 open spots left,with 8 teams left to be picked(first come first serve now,3 guys have reserved a spot in the league but haven`t given a team yet) it will probably be full in the next 24-48 hours,don`t miss out.

Buffalo
Chicago
Minny
Nashville
New Jersey
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay

www.thephl.net
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

Two teams remaining:

Buffalo Sabres
San Jose Sharks

Fantasy draft discussions on times and dates are underway,will for sure be the weekend of February 9th though,just getting the details in order
dankent1234

Post by dankent1234 »

Hey guys,we are officially full. I will no longer be taking applications directly through e mail,and from now on please post on the waiting list and I will get to you when we have a team open. It is currently 2 gms long,and we may lose 2-3 prior to the draft so you may still be able to pick a team.
relgycandy

Post by relgycandy »

Hey guys,the site is fully up and running,with the list of players for the draft in the unassigned list.