ATFHL - ALLTIME FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
TimelessCommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

ATFHL - ALLTIME FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE

Post by TimelessCommish »

ALL TIME FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE
http://www.timelessfantasy.net/ATFHLeague

The All-time Fantasy hockey League is a hockey league based on hockey from 1900 to today. Features Players from yesteryear to today with an added international flavor.

The League features my own unique formula for player statistics, which after test simulations seems to pretty accurate for the players involved, with elite players actually being able to reach their historical goal/assist levels.. while the low end players remain low end.

The league uses Sim Re-rate, but with NHL re-rate options (a activity reward option).

At the moment - GMs have the option for operating two teams (one east and one west), with rules that they can't trade between their own teams - once enough GM joining interest occurs, GMs will slowly be dropped to one team OR we may maintain the two team GM option and allow expansion when extra GMs become available.

The League will also feature a World Cup/Olympics sub-league (ALL TIME INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE) during the off-season, in which GMs will be given control of an International Team (ie: Team Canada, Team USA, Team Quebec, ect.) - will be able to draw upon the existing ATFHL player pool to fill their international team (ie: Team Sweden can recruit any swedes active in the ATFHL) and participate in either an Olympic or World Cup type tournament, while the ATFHL main league undergoes its off-season activities - a fun activity to keep the GMs busy.

Commish contact - [email protected]
Last edited by TimelessCommish on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOFHL
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: ATFHL - ALLTIME FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE

Post by HOFHL »

for the 100th time?
HOFHL

Post by HOFHL »

and already failed again :)
TimelessCommish

Ran into a software issue and couldnt get support from the web portal designer, so had to learn some java scripting to fix it myself.

But back up and running now

whats the matter? miss me in your league?
TimelessCommish

The ATFHL has openings in the following teams:

Detroit Redwings
Edmonton Oilers
LA Kings
Ottawa Senators
Quebec Nordiques
Toronto Mapleleafs
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals
TimelessCommish

Oilers AND Nordiques have been taken.
TimelessCommish

Oh and for the record - despite a number of problems in the last year or so, including a down period of almost 5 months due to software issues with the web portal - 8 out of 10 GMs happily signed on from before the crash - obviously they are happy with what i can do once i get the league running and stuck with me despite a HUGE down period.

Once things get rolling i am 100% committed - innovative - creative and determined to produce a fun and entertaining, yet competitive league.

I allow GMs to run their teams anyway they wish, while still watching dogging the league for violations of conduct. Questioning any shady or questionable trade (basically any trade that will cripple a team in both the short term or long term) - you will likely never find one GM/Team that has over 50% of an entire years first round draft picks repeatedly over several seasons - that sort of thing screams shady and i wont tolerate it. The league is to be fun and competitive and i will question anything that indicates the cost of one or the other of those things.

That being said, i am still looking for a few more GMs.

All players/goaltenders in the league have their stats built based on a universal formula that i apply to all of them - so there is no favoritism. If there is a player rated high or lower than you think they should be, its because their stats based on their age indicate that is how they should be.

The League itself features the following aspects:

Players from NHL and International Hockey from 1900 to 2013 (and eventually future years).
Activity Point system - reward system for GMs who actively participate and encouraging them to do so.
Franchise Players
Multiple Training Camps
Endorsements
International Play (off-season ran sub-league based on the Olympics and World Cup events - using the players of the time period in the ATFHL, GM's would control one of the countries and control the team during a mini-event while the commish prepares all the off-season material).
Junior League (Where the draft-able and future draft players show off their skills).
Medical/Injury system (players can theoretically have career ending injuries and be forced to retire, adding a level of realism).
Outstanding/Exceptional Rookies - randomly determined bonus to drafted players.

I also have some additional concepts on the drawing board which i will introduce once all the kinks have been ironed out.

That being said
I still have openings for GMs.

www.timelessfantasy.net/ATFHLeague.
HOFHL

Post by HOFHL »

TimelessCommish wrote:miss me in your league?
hell, no

You can do what you want, but i give that league 2 or 3 months, max one season, like the 5 or 6 times before