BRHL 2024 Ratings Release Date

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

BRHL 2024 Ratings Release Date

Post by BRHL Hockey »

I've been getting some emails asking, so figured I'd update everyone.

We will of course be back for our 24th year of providing ratings for the sim hockey community. As always, we're usually out 2-3 days after the NHL season, so if you've presubscribed, you will get them as soon as they're ready. For everyone else we're targeting an April 20th release date.

If you're interested in the early release, subscription process hasn't changed.

Subscription Information
- $40usd for a first time yearly subscription
- $35usd for returning subscribers
- Brand new NHL file available for $20 on top of subscription (available TBD after release date)
- Email [email protected] for payment options (include PayPal/Venmo/Zelle)

Last years thread - viewtopic.php?t=15235
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
gingerkk
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: BRHL 2024 Ratings Release Date

Post by gingerkk »

Are there any news on updated ratings?
legionnaire11

Post by legionnaire11 »

I found the following duplicate players on the list:
Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
Dennis Gurianov
Mike Sgarbossa
Vasili Podkolzin
William Lockwood

and at least Adam Ruzicka appears to be missing. Have not and probably won't go through looking for other missing players.

One thing that confuses me a lot, for example when I'm looking at Gurianov. Presumably he was rated twice, once from the list of NHL players and once from the list of AHL players. However when you look at some of the ratings, such as skating which is listed as being created "by a panel of industry experts" how would a panel of experts come up with two different skating ratings for the same player?

Similarly, how does a player get rated on two different leagues anyway, shouldn't their entire body of work for the season be combined. I found it interesting that Shane Wright wasn't in last season's set. He didn't have 10 games in either the NHL or AHL, but he did have 16 combined games across both leagues which seems like it should have qualified him.

Not putting these ratings on blast, just pointing out some oddities in areas that could possibly be improved.
gingerkk

Post by gingerkk »

BTW Nick Bonino is missing too.
gingerkk

Post by gingerkk »

Update: Ruzicka and Bonino are not missing. But for some reason the sim doesn't do the update with those two players. Doing an excel output of the ratings shows you both players with their ratings.

And I found the same issue for appr. 10 more.
legionnaire11

Post by legionnaire11 »

gingerkk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:35 pm Update: Ruzicka and Bonino are not missing. But for some reason the sim doesn't do the update with those two players. Doing an excel output of the ratings shows you both players with their ratings.

And I found the same issue for appr. 10 more.
I'm still not seeing them. Is it possible that you are seeing their old ratings? Because I did a fresh league with these BRHL ratings and regardless of how I output, these players don't show up.
gingerkk

Post by gingerkk »

No, I made sure the old ratings are not there anymore, I turned every player to 1 at every rating before doing the update. Try searching for those players via "Edit Player". I know it doesn't make sense, but this is how it worked for me.