Coach's settings

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
JJOli
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Coach's settings

Post by JJOli »

The game plan for my coach is:

1) 1-2-2

2) minimum # of goals: 6

3) save % under: 85

I don't think I understand what #2 and #3 mean exactly. Can someone explain the usage for the two options.

Thanks,
Eclipse
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Re: Coach's settings

Post by Eclipse »

if you goalie lets in "#2" goals and has a save % of "#3" or less he will be pulled
JJOli
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by JJOli »

Oh! It's not for the team as a whole. It's for the goalie. Thanks alot.

I'll know in the future if my coach is a hard case for the team's backup goalie. lol
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

Guys, I need some advice.

In the 1st round, I played a team that was fast and skilled and lost game 1 by a score of 5-4. My team was a lot better, however I didn't have as many speedy players (I have 8 or 9 guys you can consider fast, that team had 13. I had a LOT more toughness/physical guys than them though.). So I changed my strategies. I couldn't have this series become a run and gun type series. I was 1-2-2 the whole year (1 phys, 2 off and 2 def). I increased my phys to 2 and reduced my offense to 1. I wanted to make it more of a ''street fight'' so to say. Result? I won 4 straight and basically played great defence in the process. I still scored enough goals too.

Now in round 2, I am facing another team with 12-13 regulars that are really fast, except this team scores more than the last opponent and has a few more physical players. My team is also a lot more tough/physical than this one. So I decided to keep the same strategy for game 1. Then this team I am facing did something I never thought I would see with their strategies: ZERO phys, 2 def, 3 off. They beat me 3-2 in game. There was a grand total of 15 hits in the game, and only 6 from his team. I figure it's time to reduce my physical play from 2 to 1. Would you guys do the same? Would you even reduce it to 0? I mean, what's the point of trying to be REALLY physical if the other team has zero intention of being physical and is really fast? Thanks.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com