League Spamming

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
NHL2 Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

League Spamming

Post by NHL2 Commish »

Hello,

I don't want this to be a pissing contest, or a bitch fest ... Simon or IcePilot, I will understand if you take this down, but I have an issue with those "lazy" GM's who go to the GM List, click 'email all GM's' and use that method to advertise their leagues.

IT IS ANNOYING! I would never join a league that advertises by spamming all GM's - and most importantly, you get the URL for the league from here - in League Advertisements, which means that the league you are spamming is in need of a GM as well - that's an awesome way of advertising.

So in other words, stop spamming - its ignorant, childish and lazy. I don't know if I am the only one - but I doubt it!
Der
Commish - NHL2.
The Blacklist - Are you on it? http://www.internethockeyleague.com/gmlist.htm
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: League Spamming

Post by Kitsune »

*sigh* - its one of the reason why I have my site on lockdown - spammers, both those that are advertising other leagues and those that want to sell x product. Guys (or Gals), if your having a tough time getting GMs a) welcome to the club and b) all it does is give you a black eye in the community. It actually turns off other GMs too, and word of mouth travels quite fast these days which could just make your life even harder getting GMs, and possibly lead to the end of your league.