Bad GM List

Looking for a GM or a league? This is the place to put your ads. / Vous cherchez un GM ou une ligue? C'est le forum pour mettre votre publicité.
NHL2 Commish
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Bad GM List

Post by NHL2 Commish »

Calling All Commissioner's. Just a reminder that a member of the STHS community has started a 'blacklist' for GM's that sign up and disappear, or, come in with dual identities. The 'blacklist' is actually called the 'GMLIST', and is not made by me, but, it is something that I believe we could all use as a tool when trying to find new GM's.

The only issue was that I believe I am the only one that gave any entries. I don't know if I am beating a dead horse here, and that the idea just never caught on, but, I want to give it another attempt.

The website:

http://www.internethockeyleague.com/gmlist.htm

Again, one issue at hand was everyone just wanted to post a reply, stating how certain people were not good. So, please, don't reply to the post, just follow the instructions given by IHL commissioner at the top of the page - and we all could make the job of a commissioner that much easier, and, avoid that prospective GM from thinking of signing up for your league, with no intention of staying.
Der
Commish - NHL2.
The Blacklist - Are you on it? http://www.internethockeyleague.com/gmlist.htm
TimelessCommish
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Re: Bad GM List

Post by TimelessCommish »

I have several if you want the list..
WCHLcommish

Post by WCHLcommish »

Add Chris Glavine [email protected] Joined my league, did a lot of trades and moves for about two weeks, then quickly dropped off adn eventually never responded to even GM checks and was fired. Later I found out he's done this in the pasta s well.
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by BRHL Hockey »

The problem with a list like that is it's subjective. For instance, I have had nothing but good experiences with David as a GM in a couple of my leagues. He's always been active, made trades, sent lines, been on the board. Yet someone had a bad experience and he goes up there? I'd give him a thumbs up to anyone asking me, and I've seen probably 20 GMs I would throw on the list of bad GM's but I know of other leagues they have been great assets to.

I understand why you would want something like that, but really before hiring GM's you should be getting his leagues he is in, checking with the commish in those leagues to see how he is/was, and even googling a guy to see the other leagues he has been in and doing your homework there.

Just my 2 cents.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
WIHLCommish

Post by WIHLCommish »

It's just too bad too many of these guys are flakes out there. I don't get why so many guys join a league to do absolutely nothing with a team. Seems kind of pointless to even bother joining a league or running a team.