Free Hosting Website Help

If you need help building your website, this is the place to hang out. If you're an HTML, PHP, Perl or web database geek, check it out. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour construire votre site web, c'est le forum à regarder! Si vous êtes un expert en HTML, PHP, Perl ou en base de données, c'est le forum pour vous!
RNH93
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Free Hosting Website Help

Post by RNH93 »

Can any of you recommend me a free hosting website with a good amount of bandwidth. I always used to use bravehost but i dont know what has happened to the site. It's become complicated as hell now.
Shevchenko

Re: Free Hosting Website Help

Post by Shevchenko »

Our league has been hosted free with freehostia for 4 years with very few problems. Don't know if they offer enough bandwith for your needs, but it was sure enough for the 24 GMs of our league. We are now moving to a paid hosting because freehostia doesn't offer enough disk space, we can't keep all the past stats because of that. Good luck!
RNH93

Post by RNH93 »

From what I see I need to buy a domain?
Shevchenko

Post by Shevchenko »

You don't need to buy a domain name if you don't want to with the free hosting of freehostia.
RNH93

Post by RNH93 »

Shevchenko wrote:You don't need to buy a domain name if you don't want to with the free hosting of freehostia.
I'm sorry man but i must be blind then. I used the "chocolate" one because it says its free. Then when I go sign up i have the option of creating a domain which is 11 bucks canadian or using an existing domain which i do not have...
Shevchenko

Post by Shevchenko »

I don't think you are blind, I see the same thing. For us, it was possible to have a URL like "nameofyourleague.freehostia.com" for free. I don't know if things have changed since 4 years. Are you able to continue to the next step of registration without choosing a domain name?