U.S. College Hockey league

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
KCicehawks
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

U.S. College Hockey league

Post by KCicehawks »

I could use some feedback, etc...

I'm looking to create a league consisting of all the division 1 U.S. College Hockey teams.
I could use some feedback on the idea though.
For example, players can only be in the league for a total of 4 years since they would graduate from school and be ineligible to play any longer.
Perhaps some would go pro, drop out, etc.

Seeing that STHS is based on the NHL, in what ways do you suppose I could make this work?
One of my biggest obstacles is teams gaining new players... there isn't a draft in College hockey. You need to recruit players and I'm not sure how I could implement that into the league.
There are other differences too, like no salaries.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from NCAA hockey fans as well as anyone else who might have any input.

Thanks!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: U.S. College Hockey league

Post by SimonT »

For the graduation. I would make then retired based on age with the "Retirement Chance %" at 100%.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
BRHL Hockey
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by BRHL Hockey »

Depends what you're looking for, if you're wanting a sim rerate league there's plenty of ways. If you're wanting them rated each year on real life performance, you'd simply lose guys once they leave (or year after if you're running 1 year behind, which would be adviseable), then they'd naturally graduate.

For new players, do your draft based on the newly rated (freshman) players.

You'd need a calculator (we have one built for NCAA), and a method for getting all the data entry though.
Bryce Shuck
[email protected]
The #1 source for STHS ratings since 2006!
BRHL $ League est. 2006 - http://new.brhl.net/
Cash Hockey, Football & Baseball Leagues
STHS, FHM7, OOTP, FanGm Platforms
KCicehawks
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by KCicehawks »

Thanks for the ideas and input guys!! :-)