Stupid Lines File Question

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

In my league i just put the sent lines into the input folder and when i sim the sim auto loads them, Teams that did not send in lines and have problems with the rosters end up with the sim auto'ing their lines.

I don't see what the problem is here.

If a teams lines are loaded on a monday and their next game in on thursday and their roster has no injuries or suspensions, then the thursday lines will be the same as what was used monday.

If the team had injuries or suspension on Monday game then the GM would need to send in a new set of lines.

In theory a team can submit 1 set of lines and use them over 5 games, that is unless a player sustains an injury or suspension.
gamblor
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by gamblor »

Say a GM only has 1 million salary cap space left. He sends in his lines and promotes a player to his pro team that is rated low 58ov with a small salary of 500k just to stay under the cap even thou he has another player rated higher at 63ov that makes 1.2 million on his farm. After a few days the sim will auto the roster and lines in his next game even if there is no injuries and suspensions. I have seen this happen twice so far.

The sim sends the 58ov player back automatically to the farm and brings up the 63ov with the higher contract which puts the GM over the salary cap. Sometimes I can't send the player back to the farm because he already played enough games in the pro and has to go back through waivers.

this has happen to me three times since I started my season and my general managers are not to happy about it so the question is why is the sim still bringing up higher rated players to the pro and ignoring the teams salary cap even when the auto option is off in the league options? Shouldn’t the simulator realize it will put the team over the cap that’s what I am getting to? Is there another way around this or can this be added to the next version of STHS.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

The main question i think we are trying to figure out is why you think the sim will auto the roster.

If you send in lines and your team plays and there are zero injuries or suspensions, Your lines will still be the same after the game, the next day or even the day after that, The sim will have zero reason to auto the lines.

The sim will only auto lines if after a game a player has been injured or suspended and new lines are not submitted for your next game.

So let's say you have a game on Monday and your next game is on Friday. Your lines will be loaded for the mondays' game. After the game there are no injuries or suspensions. Your line-up will remain exactly the same as they were after mondays games for the next 4 days.

The only other thing that can be happening is the commish of the league is doing a manual league auto roster/line-up
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

If the simulator made a Auto-Roster/Auto-Lines, it's because the last lines loaded were incorrect (They can stay correct for 2 days then become incorrect days 3 for trade, injury, etc). Re-loading them would not solve the problem because the those lines are now incorrect.

Think about it! If a lines were correct was incorrect, would reloading them do anything? No.. You just reload the same thing.

I'll try to modified a bit my Auto-Roster Function to check the SalaryCap but still, if the auto-roster function is run, the roster from the last files loaded is incorrect so reloading them egal to reload incorrect roster.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

thanks about the Salary Cap - often if a team violates the Cap, the auto-rosters just put them more over the cap.
gamblor
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by gamblor »

k just realized what was going on. When a player gets down to 95 conditioning the simulator will automatically removes the player(s) from the line up after the game is done which has the Sim auto everything the next time that team plays its next game there for casing this problem to happen more often. I do have the "Remove When Conditioning Under" set at 80 in the league options so why is it still removing players when they hit the 95con mark?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Remove When Conditioning Under is for Payroll Only.

A condition of 95 or lower means a player is injured.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re:

Post by Kramden23 »

Kitsune wrote:thanks about the Salary Cap - often if a team violates the Cap, the auto-rosters just put them more over the cap.
I'll try to modified a bit my Auto-Roster Function to check the SalaryCap
Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but this is a topic I was curious about, and came across this thread when doing a search.

When it does have to auto for injury, wouldn't the simple "solution" be to at the very least just bring up the cheapest player to fill the void? I suppose ultimately you would assume to bring up the highest rated player for that spot, but I think a GM forfeits that "luxury" by not manually correcting their lines, and therefore to avoid cap problems for a team (when it can be avoided), why not just bring up the cheapest guy.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT

Re: Stupid Lines File Question

Post by SimonT »

The Auto-Roster is stupid. ;)
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

sorry if I'm dragging up too old a topic

Just wanted to confirm whether today the auto roster is supposed to auto roster respecting the salary cap... I'm wondering because what if my league has some 'computer' players (until I find GM to fill it).

I reset my test league and updated all the salaries. It seems the auto roster function is unable to fix teams with salary cap problems. Putting a team's players all to farm and then using auto roster brings up players until it crosses the salary cap level but often means that the min roster dressed criteria is not met.

This is expected behaviour?
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It does check the salary cap but it's not intelligent at all.
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

so what I described is expected?
BFHL Admin/Commish
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

It only check if raising this player will make the cap bust or not. It can take 5 players at 10 millions each and then refuse to pick more players if the cap is 50 millions.
-SimonT
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

Ok it's clear, and is behaving this way thanks!
BFHL Admin/Commish