Converting FHL to STHS

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
THLCommissioner
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Converting FHL to STHS

Post by THLCommissioner »

I am currently a FHL user and an online friend of mine has convinced me to purchase the STHS program. I wish to convert my leagues files to STHS files and have done so with his help. I have a problem though. The
ratings from my league are much lower than the ones from the default rosters you provide. The statistics are very similar but there are a couple huge differences. All of my FHL players have wierd PO stats some have as much as 99 and some including the elite players in the league have under 10. The MO stat is also set at the same number across the board. Is there
a way to correct this, or atleast some formula to build my own stats for them? I have noticed that in the stats you provide with the sim, players like Jagr have a very high PO so I am pretty sure it is not just based on how old the player is. I am trying to figure out if I can build the stats in your sim faithfully to what they were previously before i make the decision to make the jump. My league is heading into its 19th season and I do not wish to start over.

Your help here would be most appreciated.

Brian Reese, THL Commissioner
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Well, PO rating is only usefull if you want to rerate your players with your league stats instead of NHL stats. This rating's not used in simulation.

The MO rating can be set at any level you want in the simulator option. This rating goes up or down during de season.

If you want good stats, made for your own league with your own formula.

http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2973
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I would suggest you read

1) The Ratings Information -- http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.p ... mation.zip
2) STHS Migration Utility 1.0.4 Documentation -- http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.p ... -1-0-4.zip
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
THLCommissioner
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by THLCommissioner »

Is potential and morale essential to how the players play? I noticed in test simming that it takes like 25 games for the players to heat up then they explode. Elite players would have something like 20 points in 25 games then end up with 100+ pts the rest of the way. Also what would happen if I were to set potential at 99 for each player? Would they improve massively each offseason? I let the sim rerate the players at seasons end based on their performance.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Potential does not have any affect in the game itself. It's only for the rerate option.

Morale is essential to how a player play depending on your morale game option slider.
-SimonT
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

If the slider are at 1, does it mean Team Morale and Player Morale have no effect at all in game simulation?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Yes
-SimonT