Question on morale.....

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Question on morale.....

Post by Kramden23 »

I was hoping to get a little more insight on this, as the manuals description is not very extensive.

Basically I would like to know how you gauge the impact this slider has? Obviously with the sliders for goals, shots, hits etc...you will see a direct result in the statistics of the game, in regards to the sliders being set high or low. But with the morale slider, without running extensive tests and comparisons, how do you gauge the influence the slider has on the impact of players and game results?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Question on morale.....

Post by SimonT »

You cannot gauge the impact of the morale slider. Even I had problem with finding the correct formula for this slider at the beginning. Most of the issues related to morale were fix in version 1.1 or more. I know it’s not a good answer but even in real life, you cannot gauge the impact of morale of a player on is performance.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

The best way to guage it is a teams performance - I find the higher the morale slider the more spread you have between better and worse teams. I remember one test where I had a team go 0-62-0-2 (thats two OT/SO loses) in a season, and the slider for morale was at 100.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:I know it’s not a good answer but even in real life, you cannot gauge the impact of morale of a player on is performance.
Fair enough. But if you can't gauge the impact that a human emotional attribute has, then how can you reduce it to a formula?

I guess what I'm wondering is something like, if you take two identical teams (players and line combos), have one teams players morale all set at 100 and the other team all at 0, and sim say 1,000 games (injuries off), will you see a noticable difference in the win percentage for each team?

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:Fair enough. But if you can't gauge the impact that a human emotional attribute has, then how can you reduce it to a formula?
I start from the point that low morale affect performance and higher morale boost morale.
Kramden23 wrote:I guess what I'm wondering is something like, if you take two identical teams (players and line combos), have one teams players morale all set at 100 and the other team all at 0, and sim say 1,000 games (injuries off), will you see a noticable difference in the win percentage for each team?
I never try this test. The test I use to check for the slider is to have 16 teams all same players and play a full season against each other without injuried, waiver, etc so nothing else change.
-SimonT
Bret
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by Bret »

Do the same thing than me !

Put the slider to 1 !!!
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Bret wrote:Do the same thing than me !

Put the slider to 1 !!!
Ok, but is "1" completely off, or just the bare minimum?

Because if you set the sliders for goals, hits, PIMs to "1", obviously there will still be goals, hits and PIMs, just at minimal levels. So that would lead me to believe that setting the morale slider at "1" is not completely turning it off, just turning it down very, very low.

Edit:
I was running some tests and realized that even with the morale slider set at "1" that players and teams morale still changes. So if there no way to turn this feature completey off?

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:I was running some tests and realized that even with the morale slider set at "1" that players and teams morale still changes. So if there no way to turn this feature completey off?
No. This feature cannot be turn off right now. Probably in V1.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:
Kramden23 wrote:I was running some tests and realized that even with the morale slider set at "1" that players and teams morale still changes. So if there no way to turn this feature completey off?
No. This feature cannot be turn off right now. Probably in V1.
Ok, so is it safe to assume this statement then.....

The morale for players, coaches and teams will fluctuate the same REGARDLESS of where the morale slider is set, BUT the morale slider influences the impact that morale has on the outcome of a game?

Or

Does the morale slider (based on it's setting) influence the rate in which morale fluctuates for a player or coach?

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote: The morale for players, coaches and teams will fluctuate the same REGARDLESS of where the morale slider is set, BUT the morale slider influences the impact that morale has on the outcome of a game?
TRUE
Kramden23 wrote: Does the morale slider (based on it's setting) influence the rate in which morale fluctuates for a player or coach?
FALSE
-SimonT