Question about OV

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Question about OV

Post by Kramden23 »

Our league uses OV as a basis for many important aspects, such as RFA salary increases, prospect activation salary, as well as FA compensation to name a few. Because of that, when we first switched over to this program we had to first get the game sliders set so we could make our OV bracket charts, because as you know if you move game sliders around it will effect a players OV rating.

With that being said, I am wondering/hoping that OV will be calculated the same in V2 as it is now? Which is to say that if I had V2 in front of me, made the game sliders exactly how I currently have them in V1.1.5, loaded the same exact ratings that I'm currently using in V1.1.5, would the players in V2 have the same exact OV rating as they do now? (I do NOT use change metric)

Also, looking through the screenshots for V2, I noticed the screen below. It seems to be an option to manipulate how the OV formula is calculated, based on putting values on certain attributes. This might totally negate my question above, but will every commish now have to use this screen to determine how OV will be calculated in their league? Or is this just an option, but we could still use the current default OV formula if desired?

Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Question about OV

Post by SimonT »

The simulator will come with a default "formula" when you create your league, after, it's up to the commish to fool around the option to have what he want.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:The simulator will come with a default "formula" when you create your league, after, it's up to the commish to fool around the option to have what he want.
So we will in fact have the option of using the default formula or adjusting it further?

And will the default formula be the same as it is now? Which goes back to my first question...

If I had V2 in front of me, made the game sliders exactly how I currently have them in V1.1.5, loaded the same exact ratings that I'm currently using in V1.1.5, would the players in V2 have the same exact OV rating as they do now?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Kramden23 wrote:So we will in fact have the option of using the default formula or adjusting it further?
Correct
Kramden23 wrote:If I had V2 in front of me, made the game sliders exactly how I currently have them in V1.1.5, loaded the same exact ratings that I'm currently using in V1.1.5, would the players in V2 have the same exact OV rating as they do now?
Yes and No. There are some minor difference but generally, it should works.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français