NHL - AHL - ECHL

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

NHL - AHL - ECHL

Post by Icepilot »

I don't even know if this is possible for the version 2, Maybe a version 3, but here goes.

Most of my GM's have a problem with injuries on their pro & farm teams. They find that if they get injuries in the pro they promote farm players. Which is good so far. The problem they have is when they promote players it leaves them short on the farm, and if they have farm players injured it causes even more problems.

Now the simple solution would be to just sign players off the unassigned list and assign them to the farm.

What they don't like is having to carry extra players that may or may not play in the farm just to be fillers and having to pay out their salaries.

Here is what i suggest, and what i think may not be available to be done for the version 2 of the sim. (Something similar to what the FHL farm system was)

Is it possible to add a 3rd tier system to the sim, ie: ECHL, Where teams could have their prospects play. But without having the GM needing to do lines and such.
All prospects can be created using their birthday, positions etc. but their rates, when created will all be defaulted to let's say 50 across the board. And during the season we can have the sim give the player re-rates during the season using the option we already have built into the STHS.

This way the team can call-up their own prospect from the ECHL to replace an injured player in the AHL and then send them down when needed and not having to sign a player to a contract from the unassigned list.

If this is not possible then don't worry about it. You have done a great job on the version 2 of the sim and don't want to cause a whole lot of extra work for you.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: NHL - AHL - ECHL

Post by SimonT »

I think it's way simpler to leave them farm scratch in V2.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

The GM's don't want to see the famous, or now infamous Unknown Player anymore. So they want to see if something can be done about it.

Thanks anyways.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

An option to play without unknown players has been available since version 1.1 and in version 2, that option can be apply league wide or by team. You'll also agree that in version, a lot has been done for the farm : Numerous option has been split so they have their own farm option (Simulation Setting, Roster Limit, Fatigue, etc..) and as I said before, the new "Farm Scratches" status in the Team Roster.
-SimonT
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:An option to play without unknown players has been available since version 1.1 and in version 2, that option can be apply league wide or by team.
Where can I find this option?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Kramden23 wrote:
SimonT wrote:An option to play without unknown players has been available since version 1.1 and in version 2, that option can be apply league wide or by team.
Where can I find this option?

Gotta love the manual when you actually read it. I probably missed this a few times when i went through it.

Full Farm* - check this option if you want to have a farm league without unknown players (requires a full roster of minimum 18 skaters & 2 goalies)

Thanks Simon.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

Icepilot wrote:Gotta love the manual when you actually read it.
You mean there's actually a manual? :?
Icepilot wrote:Full Farm* - check this option if you want to have a farm league without unknown players (requires a full roster of minimum 18 skaters & 2 goalies)
I interpret that line as saying, that if you enable the full farm option, then you must have a full roster of farm players. However, Simon said above that this could be done league wide, or on a team by team basis. Which, is why I though there was something I missed.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Kramden23 wrote:
Icepilot wrote:Gotta love the manual when you actually read it.
You mean there's actually a manual? :?
Icepilot wrote:Full Farm* - check this option if you want to have a farm league without unknown players (requires a full roster of minimum 18 skaters & 2 goalies)
I interpret that line as saying, that if you enable the full farm option, then you must have a full roster of farm players. However, Simon said above that this could be done league wide, or on a team by team basis. Which, is why I though there was something I missed.

Yep there is a manual. Link is on the main page of the STHS site. The manual has been re-done. Maybe that is why i missed it the first time.

With this option, my league the IHL should have no poblems as i have enough players in the database for all the teams to pick from.
Won't work for the GOHL which i sim for as there is a shortage of players.
JayGee
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by JayGee »

The only reason I would want to see an ECHL (or any other 3rd tier league) is to have a draft pool for the NHL teams to draft from, rather than having to run two different leagues apart from each other (if you do run a league like that, as I do), instead have all the leagues in one... if you catch my drift.
bigdaddycat
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by bigdaddycat »

It is also tough when you are trying to do your farm lines and you have like 12 rw'ers to pick from and they all show up. It makes it complicated to try and figure out which 4 are the active ones and which ones can't be used.

Maybe (and this might already be done!) have an option where before doing farm lines you select which players are active and the rest don't show up when you are trying to do your lines.

Hope this made sense!

P.S. I would also love to see a 3rd tier league. Even if they weren't associated with a team it sure would be great to be able to check in on players who are yet to be drafted (or players who have been drafted and those who haven't) and see how they are growing!
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

bigdaddycat wrote:Maybe (and this might already be done!) have an option where before doing farm lines you select which players are active and the rest don't show up when you are trying to do your lines.
Already done in V2.
-SimonT