Can't get these guys off the penalty kill unit

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
hockeyfreak
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Can't get these guys off the penalty kill unit

Post by hockeyfreak »

I have my second line center and left wing that continue to have quite a bit of penalty kill time that they should not. Neither one is listed on the penalty kill lines. Neither one is listed as the backup penalty kill forward. Neither one is listed as one of the 3 regular strength forward backups.

They continue to get as much or more penalty kill time than my second unit actual penalty kill forwards. I use a very balanced lineup so I do not believe it is an issue of other players being tired and the sim is having to use them.

Any ideas?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Can't get these guys off the penalty kill unit

Post by SimonT »

What does the full play by play tell you?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
hockeyfreak

Post by hockeyfreak »

The full play-by-play does show these guys coming on the PK. The sim is actually almost never putting the #2 PK forward unit on the ice. Whenever there is a line change it continues to say "#1 forwards PK". The sim obviously can't keep the #1 unit guys on forever so it is cycling through other players because the #1 unit guys are tired. I had the line percentages to 65/35 and I have now changed it to 60/40 and we'll see how that goes. My #2 unit guys only got 8 seconds of pk time last game while the guys not on the PK got 1:26 and 1:07 each.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

When is the last time your PK #2 guys where on ice before penalty? How often were they on ice in that period? How much do they play during the game?
-SimonT
hockeyfreak

Post by hockeyfreak »

http://www.jmfhl.fivehole.net/JMFHL-181.html

My team is the Flyers. Backes and Dupuis should be getting some PK time, but McDonald and Steen keep getting it.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

David Backes and Pascal Dupuis played 17 and 14 mins in the game while Samuel Pahlsson and Craig Adams played 10 minutes each. It's normal the simulator find them less tired when compare to the 2 others players.
-SimonT