NHL Overtime rules

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
JHarvey
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

NHL Overtime rules

Post by JHarvey »

There has been some talk in the NHL of changeing the overtime rules to be 5 minutes of 4 on 4 followed by 3 minutes of 3 on 3 and then a shootout.

I was just wondering...if the NHL makes this change would it become an available option on the sim at some point? If so, would it be something we might be able to adjust?

I am just curious how it might work. Would it replace the cirrent option or might it be an additional one.

I know right now it is a check box selection for shootout, ot and the new tie breaker rules, but it might be cool to see another box for 3 on 3 OT or some other alternate means should the NHL adopt it.

Just curious. Keep up the good work!
J.S. Harvey
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept." ~ Doug Larson
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: NHL Overtime rules

Post by SimonT »

If the NHL adopt it, it'll be done in simulator. I'll use the PK3 lines up. I'll be add a new option.

P.S. Will be done only if the NHL adpot it.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

I don't think it's a good idea to use PK3 since GM are using their best defensive players on that line. I think it would results in 2nd OT always going to shootouts
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I'm not sure if I'll be able to create a new linesup for 3 vs 3 for shootout. Anyway, will see at that point. Personnally, I doubt the NHL get to that point.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
JHarvey
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by JHarvey »

I also dont think the NHL will adopt it...but I figured I would ask about it here.
J.S. Harvey
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept." ~ Doug Larson