Full Release?

This temporary section in English only contains idea / feedback / suggestion / problem related to the simulation engine beta.
mjrak
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Full Release?

Post by mjrak »

Hi Simon,

I am still on FHL and looking to move over to v2. A very good friend of mine, DKrause, tested the sim pretty extensively and raised a number of concerns. I'd just like to see those first hand before deciding to use v2 or not. After reading through the forums it seems a number of people have raised similar concerns. My question is, is v2 in full release or are you still potentially going to be changing the sim engine based on the feedback received?

The specific issues I am referring to are with regards to higher PP% when the goal slider is lowered, too random full season results in nearly all test season, more of an attendance spread between the high talent and winning teams and the lower, and lastly heavy passers scoring a ton of goals on a regular basis (for example Adam Oates, rated with 90 pa and 62 sc, will score 40-50 goals in 7 out of 10 seasons).

These seem to be the major feedback I received from DKrause as well as the feedback I see most common on the forums. At the end of the day I would just like to know if these issues will be addressed any further or if the sim engine is in final release and only bugs will be fixed from here on out?

Thanks for letting me know and thank you Simon for the new Sim. I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with it.

Mike
WHL Commissioner - Est. 2004
http://www.whlsim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Full Release?

Post by SimonT »

The engine is final.

If you want a full list of problem of the FHL, I can give you a mile long if you want. :roll:
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
mjrak

Post by mjrak »

A quick follow up, is there a version 3 being thought about yet? If so, will it mimic the engine from v1 or v2?

Mike
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

There is not a version 3 being thought.

But I might spend some time on the simulating engine early next year (2011) to review the first year of real simulation.
-SimonT
mjrak

Post by mjrak »

Well if you need any feedback please don't hesitate to include me. I'd be more then happy to help.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

SimonT wrote:There is not a version 3 being thought.

But I might spend some time on the simulating engine early next year (2011) to review the first year of real simulation.
How do we contribute the information effectively for this?
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Are we in 2011 yet?
-SimonT
jwr38

Post by jwr38 »

I told you people would start complaining about the engine Simon. Oh well your product
Violent Ed
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Violent Ed »

jwr38 wrote:I told you people would start complaining about the engine Simon. Oh well your product
Well not to come off sounding like a dick, but if you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT OR USE IT. Pretty simple to me.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

When were these tests done?? I noticed these very same issues in v1, but after running 20+ test seasons (and I'm gearing up for another 5), the season results, while not the same from season to season, are very similiar. Every once a while there was a huge surprise, but the main issue that could be effecting your random results if its the v2 engine from season to season is Morale. If this cranked too high, it can produce random season. Heck, I saw a team go 0-58-0-2 once, and the next season they got 40 wins. Tone it down, and the results are more similiar from season.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Morale was tone down in 1.1 and 2.0.

P.S. When I run my automatic test, I disabled the morale.
-SimonT
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

See, I dont - I tend to put at about 20-25. I like a little Morale... and I also enjoy it a little when my GM's complained about it in my old league. And I should mention... my old league went 7 seasons, and there was very little randomness. It was a 12 team league, 60 game schedule in v1, and I remember one team constantly making the playoffs - they did it all 7 seasons, and there wasnt mention randomness, I was able to come to pretty close to picking were teams would finish in the standings by analyzing there rosters.
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I'm only on season 2... big surprise is last year v1 bottom teams are one of the tops teams now and V1 cup winner is clinging to playoff dreams and the cup loser is near the bottom.

Maybe the ratings really impacted their team. Maybe all the free agency moves impacted their teams.

my team is pretty much the same even with quite a few FA changes.... a little bit better than mediocre lol!
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.