Injury Sliders

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Injury Sliders

Post by Kramden23 »

I would like to suggest that there be two injury sliders, one for short term injuries and one for long term injuries. And here is why.....

In my league right now there is a discussion going on debating if we should increase our injury slider to add more strategic decisions by teams, However the big concern is the risk of long term injuries and teams losing star players for excessive amounts of time.

It seems that the length of injuries are completely random and not based on anything at all really. Obviously if we increase our injury slider then we also increase the risk of players being out for long periods of time, which is not what we're looking to achieve.

The short tem injury slider would control the frequency of injures say 1-7 days in duration (standard day to day injuries), while the long term injury slider would control the frequency of injuries say 1 week and longer (concussions, breaks, fractures).

It seems this would be a great soltuion to be able to increase injuries, yet not run the risk of good players all over the league being out for weeks at a time.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Injury Sliders

Post by QSHL »

Unfortunately there has been no answers on that one, yet I think it could be really interesting.

We, too, have not touched our injury slider for the same reasons.

Lenght of injuries is random, so if we increase injuries by 10%, we're not sure if it would increase the quantity of injuries or the lenght or both.

As mentioned elsewhere (discussion on CON), I'd love to see more day-to-day injuries that involve players being out for 2-3 calendar days only. But to achieve so, I must then raise the injury slider, and thus the chances of having many long-term injuries. And having many long-term injuries means I need more players for my 100% fantasy based league. And we're just not interested in that.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

I think this suggestion is interesting..
Injuries are part of the game but it sucks
to have your star player out for 3 months.
so having a higher percentage of smaller (day to day) injuries
and a lower percentage of long injuries could be a very interesting
thing to add in my opinion.

can it be done ? that is another question ....
http://qnhl.net
Cardea26
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by Cardea26 »

I've found that some sliders have huge effects and others are nowhere near as strong. For example, shot speed - change it from 50 to 55 and the players can smash stupid unrealistic rockets. But, I changed both user injuries sliders from 50 right down to 5 as I didn't want any long term or serious injuries (I don't mind a couple of weeks etc).... and within two weeks Lucas Leiva was out for 5 months and Enrique was out for 4 months. So the injury slider does not have much if any effect compared to some.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

An option (Long Term Injury Chance in %) has been create in 2.1.2. (It's not a slider, it's located in the League #3 tab.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:An option (Long Term Injury Chance in %) has been create in 2.1.2. (It's not a slider, it's located in the League #3 tab.
Thank you Simon, that should serve the purpose great!

Cardea26 wrote:shot speed - change it from 50 to 55 and the players can smash stupid unrealistic rockets
No idea what you're talking about :?
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!