Waiver trouble

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Waiver trouble

Post by QSHL »

I've been having this trouble in pre-season on a yearly basis.

My settings say that once a player reaches 25 years old, he must pass through the waivers at 0 games minimum, which means that a crapload of players hit waivers during pre-season. Which reflects NHL's reality in a sense.

Now, being a pre-season, guys want to test their strategies for the farm lines. Here's what usually happens.

TeamA sends a 26 year old player on the farm.
Program says he must clear waivers.
TeamA GM says yes.
Because our pre season is so short, I release guys from waivers before the normal 6 days that I allow (we sim 3 calendar days per day) and I manually switch guys that are claimed, if ever.
So player is removed from waivers
TeamA GM then loads his file, and realizes he's back on the pro

[2013-08-17 22:41:03] - Felix Brodeur of Phénix was sent to farm.
[2013-08-17 22:41:03] - Phénix sent Felix Brodeur to waiver.

Then,

[2013-08-18 20:46:59] - Felix Brodeur was removed from waiver.

Then, he's a pro

[2013-08-19 21:38:22] - Felix Brodeur of Phénix was sent to farm.
[2013-08-19 21:38:22] - Phénix sent Felix Brodeur to waiver.

And it needs to be done again.

So maybe it's because I remove guys, but then again, doing that works just fine 90% of the time.
So I thought sometimes guys get on waivers and for some reason they are still shown on the pro roster page under HO, but in some situations guys actually got down in the farm, played a game, and got called right back up if the GM didn't do his lines.

Some teams, guys get on farm without a problem. Other teams, it happens again and again. I don't seem to be able to pinpoint it on a specific Client version. And, heck, it even happened to me, who's being very careful about copying my roster and my lines to every other day.

Clarifications/explanations on what I may be doing wrong?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Waiver trouble

Post by SimonT »

Are you able to reproduced the error in a constant fation?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

During pre-season it happens on a daily basis.
Whether or not being in preseason changes anything is hard to prove since we have 300+ players going through them at this moment compared to 5-6 during a season.

--

Also about waivers, once we put a guy on waivers during our Day 1 roster, how can we make it so that it won't pop up on my main STHS screen as "Day 2 - Simon T cannot be sent to farm because he has to clear waivers first" or something like that (sorry not in front of my STHS computer right now, so exact wording might be wrong). If I send Simon Tremblay to waivers on Day 1, and want to prepare my line ups for following days by copying, I'll get 1, 2 and up to 9 times this error for each day, for every single player.

Sorry if it's not clear, I'll switch to French just in case (my first language)

Quand un joueur est envoyé au ballotage la 1ere journée, aussitot que le DG en question copie ses lignes, en tant que simulateur sur mon programme principal, je recois des tonnes d'avertissements que le joueur ne peut être envoyé au farm puisqu'il doit passer par le ballotage et que cela doit être fait la première journée. Cela signifie des centaines de clics supplémentaires pour moi.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

1) Why don't you desactivate Waiver for the pre-season?

2) Your issue is maybe related to the fact that you do not update your STHS Client file after removing players from waiver?
-SimonT
QSHL
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by QSHL »

1 - Because it's the whole point : waivers ARE activated during pre-season, preventing teams from sending 4th lines to their farm teams easily. Players with pro contracts must all clear waivers before heading to the AHL, game played or not.

2 - I don't need to upload the most recent file in my Client, since I'm the one doing the simulation, Client auto gets it all the time since it's in the same folder.

You didn't answer my questions, though.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

1. Well, it's also prevent farm players from playing 4th line in Pro also.
2. Client can send players to waiver also. The "out-of-sync" between your STHS CLient File + what the STHS Client see versus STHS + Client File load in the STHS can create the behavior you are seeing.
-SimonT