Goalie fatigue in the playoffs

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Goalie fatigue in the playoffs

Post by Marc the Habs Fan »

What is the policy of your leagues about this?

In every playoff year in our league, there are always 1 or 2 teams with a starting goalie who gets exhausted during a playoff series, the goalie falls to 94 or 95 in CON because his team allows way too many shots, and as a result, they have to start their backup for a key game. Obviously, the GM is pissed.

Do you guys just let it be? Put in many rest days so the goalies stay as close to 100 in CON as possible? Adjust the slider so it's nearly impossible to lose 3 points in CON (something like 60+ shots for it to happen)?

This year, we decided to put in an extra rest day after Game 2 and Game 5, and yet we're still running into these goalie fatigue problems...right now, goalies lose 3 points in CON if they face 40 shots or more...is that too strict? On average, in our playoffs, teams are allowing 32 shots per game...

We all know in the NHL no starting goalie would be ''resting'' in the middle of a playoff series if he is healthy.

But the main problem with putting in rest days is that it impacts everyone else (mainly skaters recovering from fatigue and injury) and hurts the realism of what is going on.
2M4B - online since 2003-2004
http://www.2m4b.com
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

Re: Goalie fatigue in the playoffs

So no one ever has this issue?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

My 2 cents, your goalie fatigue is probably too "heavy" for playoff.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
philfo21
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by philfo21 »

Put recovery at 2 for the playoff... the problem its because you never had more than 1 day off in a serie :)
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

Never had this issue as team always have one day rest between games.
Marc the Habs Fan
The Crazy / Le Fou

So Icepilot, your playoff schedule has teams play every 2nd day AND you put in a rest day? So basically the players get 2 days of rest between each game?
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

In Rounds 1-3, I have the East play one night and the west play the next, so teams get a rest day between.
I have the Force Extra Rest Day In Playoff Final checked off in the options which gives me a rest day even if i play games each night.