Salaries and Fictional Players

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
eFFeRR
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Salaries and Fictional Players

Post by eFFeRR »

Hello,

I am having an issue importing my fictional players into my league. It happens as sson as I enter in a value for Contract and Salary in the excel file. With them both left blank, all my players import correctly, but as soon as I enter in a value they all fail. When I put in the values, I am putting in a simple value of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 for "Contract" (I assume this means how many years the player is signed for). I then am putting in 400000 or 1000000 or 1500000 as the value for "Salary" (I assume this means how much he gets paid per year)

Am I entering in these values in correctly? When I see Rating Packs from NHL players, I see their salaries are entered in the same way as mine.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Salaries and Fictional Players

Post by Str_QNHL »

what error message do you get ?
are the salaries you enter in the CSV file more then what the maximum salary is set to in
your league file ?
http://qnhl.net
eFFeRR

Post by eFFeRR »

I can use the STHS Utility, players import correctly. The problem occurs when I create a new league, set the amount of teams, starting cash, league name, abbrev.. etc. After I fill everything out and click Ok. I get the following message.

XX Players on XX were not imported correctly! Please review transactions log.

Now I know for sure it is the contracts because Ive done a couple tests. If I set no Contract or Salary for players, they all import correctly, if I set 1 or 2, then those 1 or 2 fail to import.

Ive got them to import if I leave the Contract blank or list it at 0, but then what happens is the players whom I've given a contract too do not get their salary when I check afterwards.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

what error do you get in the transaction log ?

did you look at the salary cap ?
what is the minimum and maximum salaries for your cap ?
http://qnhl.net
eFFeRR

Post by eFFeRR »

It is a fresh league that I created, so minimum salary is set to $0 while maximum is set to $20,000,000 (these are game defaults correct?). Salary cap is set to game default $70,000,000.

Where can I find the transactions log? The Csvinput file does not provide me with any information besides it importing all the players successfully from the STHS Utility. Exporting the Transactions html for the league also doesnt provide me with any information.

I decided to mass edit all the players in my league to have 1 year, 500k contracts and it still didnt work.

Only way I can get it to work is to import players with no contracts and then manually edit them 1 by 1 in the sim (way too tedious for 500 players)
eFFeRR

Post by eFFeRR »

May have figured it out, is this the proper way to do it?

Import all players into a fresh league with NO contracts.

Then once imported successfully, goto update ratings and update only their contracts with the roster file containing the contracts?

It seems to be working.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

When you create your rating pack, do you import a CSV with contract and salary? If yes, is that successful?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
eFFeRR

Post by eFFeRR »

I'll take you through the steps as if I was starting from scratch

1) Create a list of players in CSV format with contracts and salary filled in with values

2) Open up STHSUtility and create the roster file by selecting 'Import Players CSV V2 File"

3) Successful

4) Open up SimonTHockeySimulatorV2 and click on File > New

5) Fill out league name, abbrev, starting salary, amount of teams and then select rating file

6) I select the rating file I just created

7) All players fail to import

If I were to do all these steps, but leave Contract and Salary blank in the CSV file, it will import fine into the Simulator. I then would have to create a 2nd rating file that had the salaries. STHSUtility will create the rosters just fine with the Contract and Salary values entered in. So I basically have two rating files, one with salaries and one without. I use the one without to import into the Simulator successfully, I then goto Update Players, uncheck everything but Salaries and Contracts and use the 2nd rating file (with the salaries). This will successfully get all 500 players of mine into the simulator with contracts.

This does not seem like the correct way to do it but it works. Not sure why I cannot import the roster file with the salaries without having to use the Update Players.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Send me your rating file by email (Email is on the main website) and I'll check it out.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français