Jersey Numbers

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Jersey Numbers

Post by SimonT »

SQLite could an interesting option. It's file base and doesn't required MYSQL installed. It can be read via php code also.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
RPHALabs
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by RPHALabs »

I would also like to make a suggestion about adding Jersey Numbers to a team.

This morning we had an incident where people had already used client 2.2.6 and entered all their Jersey Numbers. Somehow the Client on their system reverted back to 2.2.3. When lines were saved the night before, it overrode all numbers to 0.

My suggestion is to allow a CSV import into STHS of player numbers to allow users to visibly see all their players in a spreadsheet or something and could be imported again and again if need be thus saving time of a GM having to click each player and trying to remember numbers
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

Having the player numbers in the roster page output would be helpful too.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

SimonT wrote:SQLite could an interesting option. It's file base and doesn't required MYSQL installed. It can be read via php code also.
Still doesn't fix the large bandwidth usage on our servers each time the 8mb file opens, witch is a lot in a day. That's why CSV is the best choice by far, and create a new CSV even better since it will mess with no softwares/codes already in place. You have no logic arguments against that.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Foo wrote:
SimonT wrote:SQLite could an interesting option. It's file base and doesn't required MYSQL installed. It can be read via php code also.
Still doesn't fix the large bandwidth usage on our servers each time the 8mb file opens, witch is a lot in a day. That's why CSV is the best choice by far, and create a new CSV even better since it will mess with no softwares/codes already in place. You have no logic arguments against that.
If I create a SQLite DB file from the STHS and let you upload it via FTP on your website, I think it might work.
-SimonT
RPHALabs

Post by RPHALabs »

Simon, I would love to test an SQLLite file to see if this would solve a few things. However, something like this would be greatly useful to post a players current number on lets say a roster page, however, once again I would like to request that Jersey Numbers should be in the game XML files as well. The identity of a player happens during game time, and if their number changes over time, their number should retain in that game info file, not in a table that will change.

To move off topic a little bit, in the game XML files, the teams record before and after the game should be in there as data as well.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I successfully made a proof of concept with SQLite tonight, both in the STHS and in php (If you have the SQLite3 module available). To be continue…
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

-SimonT
RPHALabs

Post by RPHALabs »

Hey Simon,

Your thoughts on:

#1) I know I have mentioned this a number of times, but before your next release, could you add the Jersey Numbers to the game XML files so that it retains their number at the game level so if a player is traded, or number is changed, it will always reflect the Jersey number during that game.

#2) Having the team record before and after in the Game XML files as well. This is information that would have to be calculated every time cross referencing the schedule, and actually becomes almost impossible to get once the season is over. I believe this would be a great addition.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Done for Point #1.

For Point #2, sorry but it would require alot of work from me.
-SimonT
RPHALabs

Post by RPHALabs »

Simon, Just another thought on Jersey numbers. I realize the importance of a Jersey number is 100% personal opinion. And I also know that your thought on Jersey Number is not a high priority when it comes to development, however, since you already have the function made to notify if that number is already taken, could/would you build a simple button on the roster page that says "Auto Jersey" that just fills in random numbers if the Jersey is showing 0? I think think this would be used quite often.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

For Pro Only or Farm Also?

Because my current feature look at both and it might be a bit complexe to do both at the same time for very large team.
-SimonT
RPHALabs

Post by RPHALabs »

I was thinking for both, but only 1 number per pro and farm together so at default, farm players would have different numbers than pro. Whatever you would think is best and easiest to build just to have the Jersey field populated. Its a great feature added to STHS, I think it should be used to its full capabilities.
RockNPucks
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by RockNPucks »

Cosmetics are awesome (girls with highliner are great, player numbers is great as well).
With the new 2.3.1., it'd be really nice to have to # be related to actual jersey numbers and not just roster ranks.
So instead of having meaningless # like 8, 2, 5, 10,13, 14, you'd have 67, 39, 90, 92, 74 and 55.
That feature is already included in the STHS. Could it be exported within the outputs ?
That'd make it for a great "highlight" of the new STHS... (po-tom-tss + slow clap).

SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The number are not meaningless. They are the basic order and without them, you'll be able to recreate the basic order.
-SimonT