Farm standing

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
starfrit
The SuperStar

Farm standing

Post by starfrit »

Will you implement the new AHL standing format for farm ?

On June 13, the league commissioner, David Andrews, disclosed that the five California teams will each play 68-game schedule; the other 25 teams (including the two Texas-based teams that share the Pacific division with the California teams) would play 76 games apiece. The implementation of an unbalanced format was seen as a way to ease the California teams' travel costs as well as reducing stretches of 3 games in 3 nights, which can impede player development and hamper attractive forms of play.[2]

To alleviate the 68/76-game imbalance, the AHL created a new method of ranking its teams and determining playoff seeds. As before, standings points will still be awarded (2 points for a win, 1 point for an overtime or shootout loss). Rather than ranking teams by amount of points earned, they will be positioned by their points percentage, determined as the number of points earned divided by points available.[3]
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Farm standing

Post by SimonT »

The ranking by PCT, I can live easily with. The fact they don't play the same amount of game is more complex.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I assume the Tie Breaker when both teams have the exact PCT is? Right now, I fallback on the regular tie breaker in that case?
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

And finally, for the schedule, I already had an option to ‘Allow Teams to play a different number of Total/Home/Visitor games’ in Edit Schedule Windows and Import Schedule Windows. :)
-SimonT
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

Yes, I tried it and it works. Just need an option to output the standing by winning pct.

As for the tie breaker rule in the AHL, I only found last year rules so I don't think it has changed

Following are the tiebreaking procedures used in the event of a tie in points in the standings, regardless of division, following the completion of the regular season. (Prior to the end of the regular season, the team with fewer games played is ranked higher in the event of a tie in points.) When a tie among three or more teams is broken resulting in a two-team tie, the original tiebreaking method is used.

Between two teams:
a) wins (excluding shootouts)
b) points in season series between teams
c) goal differential
d) goals scored in season series between teams
e) intra-conference points percentage

Among three or more teams:
a) wins (excluding shootouts)
b) points percentage in combined season series
c) goal differential
d) goal differential in combined season series
e) intra-conference points percentage
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

The option is already there for the next version. It's perfect if it's the same tie breaking rules. ;)
-SimonT