Only DMen Fight??

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Re: Only DMen Fight??

Post by JimToupet »

It's not because you loved so much the 2.1 engine (or maybe because you sold ratings pack for this engine) that everyone should follow and/or Simon to not made it evolve. So far the 1.5 engine will be support, I'll use it because it's the more near of the FHLSim where me and 90% of my GM spend the last 14 years before switching to STHS (thing that I don't regret).

Maybe I'll switch to an another engine later but for now, if correcting this situation (high Dmen fights) can be resolved it will a good news for all of us making their rating to try to solve this and GM that would see the software/engine evolve when needed.
Kramden23
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kramden23 »

SimonT wrote:It’s seem I’m not checking the FG rating to decided who fight but the DF rating for engine 1.1 and 1.5. Do you want me to fix it even if it changes the “game integrity”? More answer, more I’ll do it.
Yes it should be fixed, fights should be based on FG and not DF.
Less than 1% of americans can speak french
More than 70% of canadians can speak english

Want more answers, why limit yourself? Post in english!
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

JimToupet wrote:It's not because you loved so much the 2.1 engine (or maybe because you sold ratings pack for this engine) that everyone should follow and/or Simon to not made it evolve. So far the 1.5 engine will be support, I'll use it because it's the more near of the FHLSim where me and 90% of my GM spend the last 14 years before switching to STHS (thing that I don't regret).
I agree here. It seems like 36Henry would rather sell his rating pack on 2.1 than figure out a logical solution to this big issue in 1.5. Ideally, yeah, it'd be great to switch over to 2.1. But I've been in a league that used it and saw frikkin Andrei Loktionov score 113 goals and 202 points in an 82-game farm season when we used 2.1 with the goals slider dumbed all the way down to 9. Regardless, this whole thing is a digression of the matter we're talking about in this thread -- defensemen fighting too much on 1.5.

Like I said before, I really don't think 100% that this is a ratings issue. I just re-simulated this past season with every forward given a fight rating of 99 and every defenseman given a rating of 35. The results actually ended up worse! Only one forward in the top 53 in fights, five in the top 84.

Simon, if you think it's checking the DF rating instead of the FG rating, then it absolutely should be fixed. Jim said it best: If this situation can be resolved, it will a good news for all of us! =)
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

1.5 is by far THE BEST ENGINE to ger realistic results. 2.0 is too random, 2.1 only makes players on the 1st line score and you ger players with 80 goals per season even with the goal slider à 1.

As for this problem, never notices it before but while reviewing results from last season, it's true, almost all players with fights are defensemen.
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Any update on whether this has been fixed for 2.32?
Elite Hockey Experience

www.elitehockeysim.com
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

For me the biggest issue here is the penalties taken by d-men, don't f******* care about the fights, that's a waste of a rating spot as far as I'm concerned.

So if you step in and make changes in the engine please include the penalties problem or do nothing.

my two cents about the 1.5 engine.
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

Foo wrote:For me the biggest issue here is the penalties taken by d-men, don't f******* care about the fights, that's a waste of a rating spot as far as I'm concerned.

So if you step in and make changes in the engine please include the penalties problem or do nothing.
How does doing nothing resolve anything?
Elite Hockey Experience

www.elitehockeysim.com
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

For 2.3.2

Fix an issue in simulation engine 1.1 and 1.5 where players who were choose to fight was picked based on the DF (Defense) rating instead of the FG (Fighting) rating.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français