Activating waivers in playoffs

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Activating waivers in playoffs

Post by Président ANHS »

I have a situation in my league right now that perfectly justifies that the STHS should have working waivers during the playoffs.

My league has a rule that teams can only have a maximum of 23 players in the pro roster (dressed + scratched). Also, in order to prevent eliminated teams to stack the farm teams with players from the pro in the playoffs, I have activated the option where eliminated teams cannot send players to the farm.

Here is the situation:
- One of my GM's had an injury in his pro team that was in the playoffs.
- He called up a player from the farm.
- His pro team was eliminated.
- The injured player came back and now, the GM is stuck with 24 players in the pros because he cannot send a player to the farm
- His farm team is still playing and he cannot make his lines for the farm team because the Client will not let him save his lines because he has 24 players in the pros while he is only allowed 23 players

If waivers were activated during the playoffs, the GM could actually send a player on waivers in order to have a legal roster in the pros (23 max players) and be able to make his lines for his farm team.

Even me as a Commish right now I can't send one of his players to the farm because I get the message telling me that the pro team is eliminated and cannot send players to the farm.

Please, find a way to have waivers active during the playoffs for a future version.

Thank you!
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
philfo21
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Re: Activating waivers in playoffs

Post by philfo21 »

+1 good idea
Owen
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Owen »

All you have to do is uncheck the option, send the player down, and check the option back on. That's less of a hassle than making your GM have to go through the whole waiver process.
Elite Hockey Experience

We're not just any league. We're competitive. We're dedicated. We're ELITE!
Our website can be viewed in English, en Français & auf Deutsch!
www.elitehockeysim.com
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

The waivers are there for a reason both in my league and in the NHL. They should be in STHS in the playoffs as well. I shouldn't have to "twist" the league settings as a Commish all the time in order to solve situations like this.
Last edited by Président ANHS on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Waiver doesn't exist in the NHL.
Actually, there is no "Maximum Players in a NHL team" during the playoff.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English Manual - Manuel Français
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

SimonT wrote:Waiver doesn't exist in the NHL.
What? Of course they do...it was discussed in this topic:
http://sths.simont.info/Forum/viewtopic ... ers#p48516

I'm not asking to setup a "per-team" waiver option like the NHL, but a general option where all teams would be submitted to waivers once the playoffs start.

The "no maximum" rule is no good for me because that is not an option in the STHS (would have to make sure that when the playoffs start the sim knows that there is no limit in the pros.) And, I want my GM's to have a maximum number of players to use during the playoffs.

I will say it again: if we want STHS to be the closest thing to what the NHL does, then we have to be able to activate waivers during the playoffs.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

You can just deactivate the option of no pro player in the FARM before moving the player and then put it back on. Or force a waiver if you want him to go through the process in your league.

In my league I have an option to force waiver if a player have a salary higher then 1.5M$, this option is on for 1 way contract but for 2 way contracts I don't want this option to be enforce. STHS do not allow it so GM have to send me an email to tell me that their 2 way contracts player is going to FARM. I just have to remove them from waivers and they go to FARM. I think you should be able to work that around!
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

Foo wrote:You can just deactivate the option of no pro player in the FARM before moving the player and then put it back on. Or force a waiver if you want him to go through the process in your league.

In my league I have an option to force waiver if a player have a salary higher then 1.5M$, this option is on for 1 way contract but for 2 way contracts I don't want this option to be enforce. STHS do not allow it so GM have to send me an email to tell me that their 2 way contracts player is going to FARM. I just have to remove them from waivers and they go to FARM. I think you should be able to work that around!
I already use the Force waiver option in my league (players over XX OV have to clear waivers). That works perfectly in the regular season, just like the max number of players in the pros.

My problem is not for the regular season, it is for the PLAYOFFS. And again, turning an option Off when it's supposed to be On as per the rules of my league should NOT be an option because I am using options from the sim. I am not making stuff up.

I am using 2 options that the STHS offers and they are not compatible with each other, which makes no sense. If I can use one option, the second option should not block either the Commish from simming or the GM's from making their lines normally. Right now, this is what is happening, therefore, it should be made available in the sim.

I will once again retaliate with the most important reason that activating waivers in the playoffs should be an option: It is a rule in the NHL. That should be enough to have it in the STHS, which it is not right now.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca