Registration Question

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
legendsport
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Registration Question

Post by legendsport »

Is it normal to have to enter my registration info every time I open the game? Anytime I reboot the program loses my registration and I'm back in demo mode. Just wondering if that's normal because if it's not I don't want to have my registration canceled for "overusage"
Commissioner: The Figment Leagues - Fake Sports, Real Fun!

The Figment Leagues are sports simulations leagues with fictional teams and personnel in a real-world environment. We make our own history and have fun doing it!
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Registration Question

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

It's NOT normal. The registration information is saved in the registry of your computer. What is your computer setup? It's a Home Computer or Work computer?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
legendsport

Post by legendsport »

I think I figured it out. For some reason after I upgraded to Windows 10 a lot of folders don't work correctly (permissions-wise). Because I put version 3 in the same old folder in which I had versions 1 & 2 it might not have been writing to the registry. I moved it to a new folder and it was registered when I booted up this morning. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will all work well.

Thanks!
Commissioner: The Figment Leagues - Fake Sports, Real Fun!

The Figment Leagues are sports simulations leagues with fictional teams and personnel in a real-world environment. We make our own history and have fun doing it!
CMHLCommisioner

Post by CMHLCommisioner »

In a related question, we are upgrading our league from V1 (which we started with years ago) to V3. One of my simmers bought a second license under their name last fall I believe. I have had mine since we started with V1. I am trying to transfer my license to the new version, but it is not recognizing the information.

V1 shows it is registered to my name, preceded with a number (I assume my registration number). It states 52 - 'My Name'. I have inserted my name under 'Full Name (case sensitive)' and 52 under 'Registration Number'. Been a few years since I registered, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks Simon.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

V1 registration information do not work in version V3. You need to buy a subcription for V3.
-SimonT
CMHLCommisioner

Hi Simon,
I am trying to register my copy of V3, but it cannot connect to your server. I have disabled both the Windows firewall and my AntiVirus firewall. I copy and paste the Full Name and Registration Number right off the registration email you sent me directly into the sim.

I continue to get the following error message:

Cannot Reach sths.simon.info Website!
Make sure your firewall is temporarely turned off.

It is followed by the following:

Simon T Hockey Simulator V3 Activation Failed!
Please contact Simon T Hockey Simulator Support for help.

So what else I would need to disable to register?

I expect you have run across this before. Help please?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Can you send me an email with your username (AND only username). I can check it out from there.
-SimonT
CMHLCommisioner

Sent :)

Thanks.