Maximum player issue

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
Commissaire_LAAHS
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Maximum player issue

Post by Commissaire_LAAHS »

What am I not doing right ?

Trying to reduce the max player in pro roster to 20 instead of 23.

League Options, Teams, Pro game roster limit, can't decrease the number: says maximum player can't be more than pro roster limit player (even if I click the left arrow to reduce).

So I try League Options, League #3, change the number from 23 to 20 in Pro Roster player limit: maximum player can't be less than roster limit maximum player value.

So which one has to change?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Maximum player issue

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I'm not quite sure to understand your question. In the League #3, "Pro Roster Players Limit", it's the limit of players in Pro (Playing Game) and Pro Scratches. In the Team, Pro Game Roster Limits, it's in the game only.

So which one you want to change, the game limit or roster limit (Who include scratch player)?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Commissaire_LAAHS

I'd like to keep the Pro roster player limit to 23, so 20 dressed and 3 scratches. But I'd like to get the Pro game roster limit down to 20 players dressed instead of 23, but when I try to lower it I get this message, as if I was trying to increase not decrease it.

The maximum player can't be more than your Pro roster player limit minus your maximum goalies.

I can decrease each position (except goalies) but I can't decrease the Maximum Players numbers in League Options, Teams.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Then it's not the League #3, "Pro Roster Players Limit" you want to change to 20, you must least that to 23.
It's the Team, Pro Game Roster Limits that you want to play with the number.
-SimonT
Commissaire_LAAHS

SimonT wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:26 am Then it's not the League #3, "Pro Roster Players Limit" you want to change to 20, you must least that to 23.
It's the Team, Pro Game Roster Limits that you want to play with the number.
Yes, I'm trying to lower the Pro game roster limit, in Team, down to 20 nstead of 23 but it doesn't let me do it.

The error message is The maximum player can't be more than your Pro roster player limit minus your maximum goalies.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Send me your league file by email and I'll check it out.
-SimonT