Roster planner

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Roster planner

Post by laving »

So, I'm back here again after a bunch of years of absence. Last time I ran a league was in 2014, and I don't think I've been in touch with STHS since. Now I just re-joined the league that I started back in 2008. I realized that you have come a long way with integrated website and all that.

But with this integrated website, there is one thing that I can't seem to find, that I think every GM would appreciate big time. A Roster/Cap planner. A tool that lets the GM see his cap commitments in the future, much like you can do with CapFriendly.

The idea is that when you click on the link to the Roster Planner, you will get a view of your team. This view is for the GM only, so that no one else can view it. Ratings are not needed. You kinda want the players names, age, position, and then Salary Year 1, Salary Year 2, Salary Year 3, and so on. Somewhere you should see the RFA/UFA status as well (based on league settings).

What you also want, is the ability to search for and add any player in the league, and remove players, so that you can see what your team and cap situation will look like after a potential trade, or maybe after the season when contracts are due. To take it even further, there could also be an option to manually add salary after a contract is due, so that you can plan with future contracts as well.

Of course, "Special Salary" should be included.

I guess people solve this today by creating their own excel sheets. At least that's what I'm doing. But it would be sick if the GM could have the option to do all this on the website instead. I mean. All the needed data is already out there.

Just tell me if I need to clarify anything. I have a pretty detailed view in my head of how this could look.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Roster planner

Post by SimonT »

I'm working on something like this for 3.4.0. :)
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I have the first version of this. It's a 'Contract Overview' view like Cap Friendly. Check here : https://demo.sths.ca/TeamSalaryCapDetail.php?Team=19

Currently, you can't add/remove player but I want to add this in the future.

P.S. You can browse all the website using STHS hosting service (https://www.sths.ca/), they all have the webpage available under the Pro League Menu, under 'Contract Overview' if you want to see the same page with different league data.
-SimonT
ESHL.ca
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by ESHL.ca »

Geat add

Good job Simon
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

And as today, you now have a Salary Cap Simulation section at the bottom of the webpage where you add and remove players from your professional teams to simulate a team's salary cap after a trade. Only players currently on a professional team are visible in the 'Select Player' section for performance purposes.
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Great!
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

When will this be available for leagues that does not use your hosting? Or is it already?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

laving wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 pm When will this be available for leagues that does not use your hosting? Or is it already?
Yes in version 3.4.0. The league who have by hosting have some features early than other. :)
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:40 pm
laving wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 pm When will this be available for leagues that does not use your hosting? Or is it already?
Yes in version 3.4.0. The league who have by hosting have some features early than other. :)
Yeah I figured it's just to implement for those leagues that uses your hosting. :)