M-NTC

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

M-NTC

Post by laving »

I wrote a pretty long and clarifying post about Modified No Trade Clauses, but it disappeared because I got logged out. Don't have the patience to write it all again. :P

Anyways. Would be nice with more options regarding No Trade. In the NHL today, the category is splitted in 4:
No Trade
Modified No Trade
No Movement
Modified No Movement

I counted them a few weeks ago. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the Modified versions and the non-modified version were splitted 50-50. I think it was like 250 each, but I could be off on that. The league is trending in the direction to hand out M-NTC's to almost everyone.

With the implementation of at least a Modified No Trade option in the simulator, it gives the commish more possibilities of how he wants to handle the no trade clauses. The M-NTC option doesn't need the simulator to tell how many teams are on the exception list, and it doesn't need the simulator to tell which teams are on the exception list. The commish can do that part. Just having one (or three) more check boxes opens up more possibilities and can make the league more dynamic.

To code it, I would assume it's basically copy-paste of the current No Trade code?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: M-NTC

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

"No Movement" already exist in the STHS if you remove the "Can Play Farm" option and it block the GM from sending the players to farm.

The "Modified No Trade", I don't see much value for STHS community for this.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ESHL.ca
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by ESHL.ca »

Pour utilisé les M-NTC, je suis d'accord avec toi que le plus value est pas extrême. On fait ''manuellement'' les listes
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

I also agree that the added value is not extreme. What I'm looking for is basically an option so that the website can show the GMs which players have a NTC, and which players have a M-NTC. Instead of having to deal with that information elsewhere.

And yeah, it's true, you can create a No Movement Clause today by combining the NTC and Can Play Farm. Did not think of that.