3.4.0 - Waivers

Any questions related to version 2 or version 3 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 2 ou la version 3 devraient être demandées ici.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

3.4.0 - Waivers

Post by laving »

I haven't started my first season yet.

I get reports from my GMs that when they try to call up a player on a 2 way contract to the Pro Team, he ends up on waiver after the update. I don't understand what's going on.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: 3.4.0 - Waivers

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I move this topic in the 'Question' forum because it's a question. What your website URL and give me a player example so I can understand what is happening.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

https://laving.se/fhl/

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Pontus Holmberg
Joseph Woll

These are the ones that are reported to me.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Who did the team made their roster? STHS Client or STHS Web Client? Did you ran a pre-season?
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

It's Toronto and Buffalo.

Holmberg and Woll from Toronto.
Luukkonen from Buffalo.

Toronto's GM left the league, so I don't know in that case.
Buffalo's GM used the Web Client.

I have not ran a pre-season (and I'm not planning on doing it). No games at all have been played yet.

---

I also get notes from the simulator that Jacob Bryson (BUF) can not be sent to farm because he needs to clear waivers first, and that can only be done from Day 1 on the schedule. I think Jakub Zboril (BOS) is another example of this. What they have in common is that they both already cleared waivers (They were on waivers and I then removed them manually since there were no claims within the time frame set in the league). Both of them have "Can Play Farm" checked, and are already moved to Farm.

---

This is a side note. Waiver function is a bit goofy before you start the first season. Initially, the simulator (and the website) only show Vegas and Seattle as potential teams that can claim the player.

All teams can submit a claim though.

The simulator has a priority list for claims, even if no games at all have been played. The priority list is not shown anywhere, but when I imported the files, the simulator in some cases told me that "Team X could not claim because Team Y has priority".

I should probably not have started with waiver already since no games are played, but I did. So I have been handling it manually so far (using trades if necessary). It's getting a little bit out of hands now that some players show up on waivers that shouldn't.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Waiver is not supposed to work in off-season mode. That why you see it a bit weird for the first season
With the data of February 24th, I have send Luukkonen in the farm using WebClient and load it. He wasn't send to waiver.
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Yeah. I think I got my head around it eventually. :)