Retirement Age / Function

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Crusader
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Retirement Age / Function

Post by Crusader »

Simon,

Is it possible to get a retirement function or age set in the sim?

In the ligue I'm currently playing we set the retirement age to 40 years old or past 33 if no one want to sign the player he is taking is retirement.

Is a retirement value possible?

Just as a curiosity, a function that would randomly run against players age (exemple 38 - 40 years old) that would randomly check players and there would be a very small chance they announce early retirement at the end of current season. It would be up to you to create a magic formula for this one.

We have option to bring players in the simulation why not putting some mechanic to get some players out of it?

How does that sound?

1 - A set value for retirement and maybe a retirement output for the hall of fame

2 - a magic formula for retirement and maybe a retirement output for the hall of fame
Eric Beaumier
L'Ile-Perrot / Montreal
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

If I do that, I won't put magic formula. I'll be plain option asking a few questions then deleting player who match those conditions. Good for you?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Of the questions, I think age and games played the previous season should be asked. I know some leagues also go by salary and contract length remaining.

There isn't a way for you to have it go by chance is there? Like in my league, once a player hits age 35, he has a 10% chance of retiring. This increases each season until the player is 41, and his chance of retirement is 97%.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

SimonT wrote:If I do that, I won't put magic formula. I'll be plain option asking a few questions then deleting player who match those conditions. Good for you?
Simon

A few question to retire the players is good and possibly adding it to the .CSV (or any kind of output) file so we can put them in a Hall of fame /ligue history book.

And in future develelopment a formula that run with season end or when going off season that would check if players do early retirement would be realy cool..

Thanks Simon

Keep up the good work
Last edited by Crusader on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Beaumier
L'Ile-Perrot / Montreal
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

I SAID :
SimonT wrote:If I do that, I won't put magic formula. I'll be plain option asking a few questions then deleting player who match those conditions. Good for you?
How can I be MORE CLEAR?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

SimonT wrote:I SAID :
How can I be MORE CLEAR?
Simon la tu manque un peu de diplomacy et tu lis pas correctement.

maudit.. pourquoi dois-tu toujours etre si deffensif dans tous..

Si tu lis bien mon post je mentionne que c'est bien de mettre une validation sur quelques simple question

Mais aussi je te mentionne qu'il serait bien pour un developpement futur (pas tous de suite.. Dans le futur.. qu'il serait bien d'avoir une formule pour mettre un brin d'aleatoire dans ce facteur.

Prends le temps de bien lire et comprendre les posts..

Je ne suis pas agressif ou borné dans mes post je ne fais que signifier mes intérèts pour certain options. Si tu ne veux pas de suggestion ou tu n'est pas ouvert a discuter tu n'as qu'a fermer ce sujet...

Ici c'est une zone pour les suggestions ce que j'ai fais.

Peut-etre as-tu besoin d'une petite vacance..????

Je suis certain qu'il n'y a pas de mauvaise intention mais faut tous de meme un minimum de diplomacie..

Merci pour ton temps et efforts.
Eric Beaumier
L'Ile-Perrot / Montreal