Waiver

Any questions related to version 1 should be ask here. / Toutes les questions sur la version 1 devraient être demandées ici.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Waiver

Post by laving »

First of all: You don't have to answer this post.

Since I don't follow the NHL like I think you guys do, I wanna know how "Waiver" works in the NHL. (And please, don't give me a link to nhl.com or something, I don't think that will help me).
I just think it would be great to know about the rule.

And after that, of course, I wanna know how the Waiver-thing works in STHS. I tried the Waiver function in FHLSim, but did never understand anything about it. (And yeah, it would be easier to know how it works in NHL first...)

As I said, you don't have to answer this post, but it would be great if you did.

(=
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

It's very simple.

1) Players is sent on waiver
2) GM tells the commish is interest in the players.
3) Commish tell the simulator that a team is interest in a player.
4) After X days (An option in the STHS), the simulator assign to the team who show interest in the player who had the highest priority. If no team has show interest, the player is sent in the farm.

Note

1. If higher priorities teams have already show in interest in a player, the team who has lowest priority can not show is interest in him.
2. Priority order is decided by the overall standing in reserve.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Hmm...

Can I use the Waiver-option even if there are some GMs in my league that doesn't send their lines often? (Perhaps 1 lines/month).

With FHLSim, I remember that players were put on Waiver, even if the GM did not send his lines...

"After X days..."
Do you mean days in the sim? Or 24h?
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

It was impossible for the FHL to send players on waivers if the GM did not send in his lines.

The sim had an option for waivers, A player had to play "X" amount of pro games and be "X" years old. If the GM tried to send that player to the farm then he had to pass waivers.

Example
Waiver settings:
15 Games
25 Years Old

So player A has played 30 games and is 28 years old, To be sent to the farm he would have to pass waivers.
Player B has player 20 games and is 24 year sold, He can be sent to the farm with out having to pass waivers.

Options in the STHS are similar, you just have to set the the options.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Hmm...

Maybe I did wrong with FHLSim then...

I think I'll try the option.

I think I need this option to my league. Some GMs put their stars in Farm Team to earn some money/avoid salary cap.

Thanks for the help!
Icepilot
Moderator / Modérateur

Post by Icepilot »

The STHS has the waiver option, also has the option to keep players with a"XX" OV from going to the farm, also new feature is the Farm salary cap.

Alot of options to keep GM's from being too creative to stay under the salary cap.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

True
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

The Auto-Roster Function doesn't send player in the waiver in STHS but watch out for the Max Pro Player Limit option that could cause you some problem in the long run.

I don't see the different between using the waiver option for GM who send there league daily and other who send there league once a month.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote:The Auto-Roster Function doesn't send player in the waiver in STHS but watch out for the Max Pro Player Limit option that could cause you some problem in the long run.

I don't see the different between using the waiver option for GM who send there league daily and other who send there league once a month.

Sounds nice.

(=