Jersey Numbers

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Jersey Numbers

Post by PNHL »

Je sais que tu veux pas, mais tout le monde aimerait sa les avoirs! Peut-on espérer sa prochainement?
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Jersey Numbers

Post by Président ANHS »

J'appuie la suggestion!
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

21 ans / 30 saisons de simulation
21 years / 30 sim seasons
myRPHA.com
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by myRPHA.com »

Good Luck. I have asked before but the answer was no.

Assuming my French is decent and I think you are asking to have this option added, I also support this.
Stephen Clow
RPHA Administrator (Ret.)

http://www.myRPHA.ca
frank86

Post by frank86 »

trop de travail pour pas grand chose
myRPHA.com

Post by myRPHA.com »

In a long lasting fictional league, where players could eventually have their number retired, it means more. For a lot of the fly by night NHL based leagues using the portal, maybe it means less.
Stephen Clow

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

maybe in 2029 when Simon will have nothing more to do...

meanwhile, if

1) it is very important to you
2) you don't use portal so you should have some skills in website development

why don't you do it yourself ??? it is not that hard to do even if it's not in the STHS.
myRPHA.com

Post by myRPHA.com »

Way ahead of you. It's a minor project actually and I gave up a long time ago waiting for it to be coded into STHS.

After building a fictional player creator with 30 nations and tens of thousands of names combinations, a player rerater, a player retirement program and a free agency manager complete with player AI, all of which work perfectly with STHS for importing purposes, jersey numbers is an easy one.

Thanks for your support though Foo. Obviously there are others besides me that would like to see it in STHS someday.

Listen, STHS is built very well and is very much user friendly for importing data from our add-ons we have built. I don't have any issues with Simon or his work. STHS has made my life much easier. I didn't think jersey numbers was much of a demand compared to some of the things that people ask for that eventually get added. My bad I guess.
Stephen Clow

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Well good for you, it is great to see some league owners show some initiative in their projects and not always asking Simon to do all the stuff.

I too are working on a random player generator with 4000 names and over 16000 surnames, thousands of combinations with height, weight and all the ratings ready to be imported in the STHS. I'm curious to see how yours is working! I'll share mine for sure in the next weeks.
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

I have witnessed it in the past 3 years for being in the RPHA as a GM...NO LEAGUE in the STHS community is as advanced in using the xml's and csv's as the RPHA is... The amount of work and the quality of the tools developed is beyond what anyone can imagine here. Even Simon would freak if he saw what the RPHA has accomplished with the help of his sim.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

My philosophy has always to not build « cosmetic » feature that are have no utility in the STHS. In the past, when using other hockey simulator software, I always hate filling the jersey number or position because they had no impact in the simulator at all. They are purely cosmetic.

P.S. I’m curious to see myRPHA website. I’m working on making the default website more ‘cute’ these days by learning JavaScript and I’m curious to see how advanced he’s.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

SimonT wrote:In the past, when using other hockey simulator software, I always hate filling the jersey number .
Why not figure out a way to program it so that the number is generated randomly in the sim when the player joins a team...? That way we wouldn't need to change it manually, but still have the option to change it manually in the player window if need be.
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Fait toi une base de donnée manuellement avec le id unique du joueur et son numéro de chandail, link ça avec ton site bingo.

Il te reste juste à te créer un formulaire pour les changements de numéros par tes GM.
Président ANHS
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Président ANHS »

Jsuis au courant de commen ça fonctionne...merci ;-)
Steff Thouin
Président ANHS Commish
www.anhs.qc.ca

SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Président ANHS wrote:Why not figure out a way to program it so that the number is generated randomly in the sim when the player joins a team...? That way we wouldn't need to change it manually, but still have the option to change it manually in the player window if need be.
Because it's purely cosmetic, it doesn't had any value to the simulation.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
PNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by PNHL »

Sa reste que se sont des petits détails qui sont intéressant...

Les DG adorerait pouvoir retirer des # de leurs joueurs après une belle carrière avec leur formation. Comme mentionnés plus haut, c'est pas juste cosmétics en terme de valeur au yeux de certains DG lorsque se sont des ligues de 5-10-15 ans d’existence