Website constantly hacked

This forum is for league commissioners seeking advice when it comes to league related issues; rules, free agency system etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les commissaires qui cherches des conseils pour les aider à rouler leur ligue; règlements, systême agent libre etc.
JohnnyWise-O
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Website constantly hacked

Post by JohnnyWise-O »

Hi,

I am the commish of the PCHL, since last month, we had to reset our website 2 times because somebody is constantly getting in my FTP even though I changed my passwords 3 or 4 times since then...

Is there a way to prevent hackers so we can finally just focus on hockey instead of spending hours to erase misc files and getting my GMs lose access to the website every week ?

I'm managing the league because I know hockey but I don't know much about websites and things like that... Can somebody help me ?

Thank you !
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Website constantly hacked

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

Stop using the WebPortal. I have a customer who was force to stop using the WebPortal because its hosting company found multiple security weakness in the WebPortal.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »

If your are using the webportal, be sure to change your admin username and password.

If the hacked came from ftp, be sure your computer is not infected with any trojan/virus/key logger
JimToupet
STHS Dynamic Website Contributor

Post by JimToupet »