Wishlist

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
THL
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Wishlist

Post by THL »

Wishlist for SimonT

- D position LD and RD or LD/RD, where the player gets a penalty if he plays in a position he does not have.

- Better contract overview site, like CapFriendly.

- Advanced statistics such as Corsi, Zone ent/ext, xG, etc., etc.
Alternatively, some type of scoring system for how well a player performed, but advanced statistics is preferred.
Currently, it is difficult to evaluate player performance.

- Player statistics per match over the entire season on player profiles. Easier to assess player performance.

- Ability to set your own Depth Chart based on primary position. Or possibility to base on one position.

- More opportunities to influence prospects, for example being able to specify position and grading. Also better transmission of information when activating a prospect.

- Possibility to put players on tradeblock via webclient.

- Be able to see player rates in the webclient when you select a player when you set rosters and tactics.

I appreciate your work and hope that some of these ideas can contribute to an even better experience in the future.

//Tomas
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Wishlist

Post by SimonT »

THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - D position LD and RD or LD/RD, where the player gets a penalty if he plays in a position he does not have.
I always refuse this because it wouldn't have any impact in the simulating engine. The engines are not build with LD or RD in mine.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Better contract overview site, like CapFriendly.
It's already partially possible if you show/hide some column in the Players Information webpage, either the one inside the Pro/Farm Team or via the Search but I understand it's not a pretty/straightforward as CapFriendly.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Advanced statistics such as Corsi, Zone ent/ext, xG, etc., etc.
Alternatively, some type of scoring system for how well a player performed, but advanced statistics is preferred.
Currently, it is difficult to evaluate player performance.
I can't do this without changing the simulation engine a lot, something I don't wish to do.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Player statistics per match over the entire season on player profiles. Easier to assess player performance.
I don't keep this data in the STHS. If I would do this, the STH files would be 100+ MG.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Ability to set your own Depth Chart based on primary position. Or possibility to base on one position.
I don't understand this one. Can you explain it in more detail?
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - More opportunities to influence prospects, for example being able to specify position and grading. Also better transmission of information when activating a prospect.
To specify information like position/grading, this is why the information field exist. You can enter anythink you want in there and since 3.3.9, if you can turn the option, anything DG can edit this field. When activating a prospect, what information do you wish to move over? Don't forget that technically, the activation of a prospect is simply a Unassigned Players is assign to the Team and the prospects is delete.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Possibility to put players on tradeblock via webclient.
Done for 3.4.0.
THL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 am - Be able to see player rates in the webclient when you select a player when you set rosters and tactics.
Note taken.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

For the Cap Friendly request, what do you think of this?

https://demo.sths.ca/TeamSalaryCapDetail.php?Team=19

You can browse all the website using STHS hosting service (https://www.sths.ca/), they all have the webpage available under the Pro League Menu, under 'Contract Overview' if you want to see the same page with different league data.
-SimonT
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

And as today, you now have a Salary Cap Simulation section at the bottom of the webpage where you add and remove players from your professional teams to simulate a team's salary cap after a trade. Only players currently on a professional team are visible in the 'Select Player' section for performance purposes.
-SimonT
ESHL.ca
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by ESHL.ca »

Le calcul inclu aussi le ''Special Salary Cap Value'' ?
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Si ta ligue l'utilise, oui. :)
-SimonT
mchala27
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Post by mchala27 »

Hello Simon, I wanted to highlight this, too, and saw that someone else had pointed it out. Ideally, I would like to see all of my Forwards in the "Depth" section - but with each Forward only appearing at one primary - or default - position, rather than all the positions he is eligible to play at. For example, in my League I have Elias Lindholm eligible at C/LW/RW - and he shows up in all 3 of those positions in the "Depth" section. I primarily use him at C, however, so I would like to be able to see him only at C in the "Depth" section - which would help me better see the holes I have in my lineup. Seeing Forwards duplicated in their other eligible positions makes it challenging to truly understand the Depth of your Forwards in this view. Hope that helps better explain it?

THL wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:28 am
- Ability to set your own Depth Chart based on primary position. Or possibility to base on one position.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

mchala27 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:33 pm Hello Simon, I wanted to highlight this, too, and saw that someone else had pointed it out. Ideally, I would like to see all of my Forwards in the "Depth" section - but with each Forward only appearing at one primary - or default - position, rather than all the positions he is eligible to play at. For example, in my League I have Elias Lindholm eligible at C/LW/RW - and he shows up in all 3 of those positions in the "Depth" section. I primarily use him at C, however, so I would like to be able to see him only at C in the "Depth" section - which would help me better see the holes I have in my lineup. Seeing Forwards duplicated in their other eligible positions makes it challenging to truly understand the Depth of your Forwards in this view. Hope that helps better explain it?

THL wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:28 am
There is no "primary position" in the STHS so I can do this. If you use the "Forwards Play All Positions" option, then you select only 1 position for forward because there is no value to have different option in the SHTS option.
-SimonT