Social Link

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Social Link

Post by laving »

I guess most leagues uses discord, a forum, or something similar. But on the website, or in the simulator, I can't find a place to put in a social link. I can't even find any info on how to contact the commish at all.

Imagine to stumble over one of the websites and get curious. Maybe you even want to sign up. How do you get in touch with the Commish today? I can't find a sign up button, I can't find a link to a discord or similar, and I can't find an email adress.

For my upcoming league, I'm planning on advertising the league outside the sths forum. It's my way of trying to contribute to a growing community, hoping that I will fill up the league with GMs that haven't been in touch with STHS before. It's what I did in the past, and it has lead to a few guys starting their own leagues. But directing guys to the website today is a risk, since there is no contact info, or no info on how to sign up.

My initial thought is that the footer should always be visible on the bottom of the screen, and could have an optional link (or text field) in it, controlled from the settings in the simulator. That way both the link to the STHS website and a link to discord (or what ever the commish wants to do) would always be visible.

But really, it could be inserted anywhere in the menu as well.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Social Link

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

The social links are put in the menu custom URL #1 and #2. But page or a method to contact the commish when you want to join the league a good idea. Just not quite sure how to do it now.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:28 am Hi.

The social links are put in the menu custom URL #1 and #2. But page or a method to contact the commish when you want to join the league a good idea. Just not quite sure how to do it now.
Oh. I were not aware about menu custom URL. Thanks, I'll look in to it.

And yes, a method to contact the commish/sign up would really be needed. At least there should be an option that says "sign up", given the tiny attention span of people today.

I would probably add a button named "sign up" on the same row as all the team logos on the very top of the page (right side). I would then try to combine that with the login status, basically moving the login button, the team quick links for logged in users (are they needed?), and the Logout link to the same place (very top, right side). The current login button and the quick links for the logged in users take up unnecessary space where they are placed now. On my standard sized laptop screen, I don't even see those quick links on the current website.

That's just the layout of it.

How to make it work properly? I'm no help on that one. :P
Maybe just an optional link controlled in the sim? That way the commish can decide if he wants to direct the people to a discord, to a google form, or what ever he wants to use.

Though. Should be mentioned. I remember that old third party website back in the days that a lot of guys used. On that website people could sign up for the Waiting List. That thing got extremely spammed by bots. Just don't do the same thing that they did with that third party website. :!:
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Hi.

I build a new fonction in the STHS where you can fill the League Owner, How to Join League and League Rules section. My only problem right now is formatting/html that I need to check more in more detail.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
ynohtna
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by ynohtna »

I use drupal as my front end and I used to have a contact commish link.

Then all the bots started spamming me lol :)
BFHL Admin/Commish
http://www.thebfhl.ca/bfhl
Now in Season 15, using BRHL Player v2.1 Ratings modified.
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

SimonT wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:06 pm Hi.

I build a new fonction in the STHS where you can fill the League Owner, How to Join League and League Rules section. My only problem right now is formatting/html that I need to check more in more detail.
Sounds great!