Faceoffs and goalies

This area should be used by GMs from different leagues to share their experiences about things such as line combinations, which skills are good etc. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par les DG de diffèrentes ligues pour partager leur expèrience à propos des combinaisons alignement, quel sont les attributs d'un joueurs les plus utilises etc.
Jaybee48
New in Town / Le Ptit Nouveau

Faceoffs and goalies

Post by Jaybee48 »

How come when i put my lowest faceoffs guys i have, i win the faceoff battle in the game. My 4 centers fo rating are 55, 56, 56 and 57. And 3 of then are small guys with very low strength.

Ive also been putting my 80ov goalie in. The top goalies are near 95ov, while the low end starters are around 88ov.
My goalie has also been playing at 97 cond for a while now and has been winning more than my 90ov starters at 100 cond.

Engine 1.5
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Faceoffs and goalies

Post by SimonT »

What do you mean you win the faceoff battle?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

I end up winning more faceoff in the game than the opposite team. Last game i had more faceoffs wins and the game before that it was nearly 50/50. Shouldnt i be getting destroyed at the dot?
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Faceoff is a heavy random formula. The best Faceoff player in the NHL usually between 55% and 60%. It can't make it so than a FO 56 always lost. And it depends again who your centers are facing up,
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Jaybee48

Post by Jaybee48 »

Thats 55-60% going against other team's best fo guys tho. If the top guys went against caufield and guys like that, theyd probably be around 80-90%
ESHL.ca
The Passion One / Le Passionné

Post by ESHL.ca »

Jaybee is right on that one. They average 55% because they play faceoff against the best of the best