Suggestions.......

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Suggestions.......

Post by Kitsune »

Alright, a few suggestions.......

1) increase the amount of conference vs conference games (4 is too low, as for a 8 team league, trying to hit a 54 game schedule with 4 conference vs conference games is well, difficult)

2) Maybe 2 divisions. Again, 8 team league, this would be nice, but I imagine the coding would be a night mare.

3) Playoffs, I love the fact I can chose how long the series are, but, maybe an option to select how long they are per round.

4) Another coding nightmare, but would be nice if possible, inter-division playoffs, like the 1980s, where team 1 in division a faces team 4 in division a etc.

And oh, for some reason, when I installed the demo, it put it in a temperary folder.....
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

Simont alread ysaid before that the option to fully customize your league wont be in the first final version of de STHS. But he told me that it's a future plan.
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Re: Suggestions.......

Post by SimonT »

Kitsune wrote:1) increase the amount of conference vs conference games (4 is too low, as for a 8 team league, trying to hit a 54 game schedule with 4 conference vs conference games is well, difficult)
Done for 0.9.3.
Kitsune wrote:2) Maybe 2 divisions. Again, 8 team league, this would be nice, but I imagine the coding would be a night mare.
Night mare is not the word. ;) Hell would better.
Kitsune wrote:3) Playoffs, I love the fact I can chose how long the series are, but, maybe an option to select how long they are per round.
I'm not understand you.
Kitsune wrote:4) Another coding nightmare, but would be nice if possible, inter-division playoffs, like the 1980s, where team 1 in division a faces team 4 in division a etc.
Can you more precise? I'm not understand you.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
Eclipse
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by Eclipse »

I think for #3 he means for each round be able to pick the length.

like this:

Round 1: Best of 3 games
Round 2: Best of 7 games
etc.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Eclipse wrote:I think for #3 he means for each round be able to pick the length.

like this:

Round 1: Best of 3 games
Round 2: Best of 7 games
etc.
It's a good idea but very tricky to do. I'll take a look no idea when I'll be able to do it.
-SimonT
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Re: Suggestions.......

Post by Kitsune »

SimonT wrote:
Kitsune wrote:3) Playoffs, I love the fact I can chose how long the series are, but, maybe an option to select how long they are per round.
I'm not understand you.
Right now, you can set the playoffs to be 7 game series, 5 game series etc. Instead, a suggestion where you can set round 1 to be 5 games, round 2 to be 7 games etc.
SimonT wrote:
Kitsune wrote:4) Another coding nightmare, but would be nice if possible, inter-division playoffs, like the 1980s, where team 1 in division a faces team 4 in division a etc.
Can you more precise? I'm not understand you.
Well, I'll quote the NHL page directly (hence why the use of Adams Conference etc)

The first four teams in each division earned playoff berths. In each division, the first-place team opposed the fourth-place team and the second-place team opposed the third-place team in a Division Semifinal (DSF) series. In each division, the two winners of the DSF met in a best-of-seven Division Final (DF) series. The two winners in each conference met in a best-of-seven Conference Final (CF) series. In the Prince of Wales Conference, the Adams Division winner opposed the Patrick Division winner; in the Clarence Campbell Conference, the Smythe Division winner opposed the Norris Division winner. The two CF winners met in a best-of-seven Stanley Cup Final (F) series.

Make sense? And I can see why this would also be considered Hell..... :)
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

Oh I see.. Maybe in a future version, I may try to give the abilities to manually choose who you are playing against in the playoff but that a very long shot (A couple of month) and I'm not sure about it yet.
-SimonT