A suggestion to put on the backburner...

Your suggestions are always welcome. / Vos suggestions sont toujours bienvenues.
MLavaty
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

A suggestion to put on the backburner...

Post by MLavaty »

This isnt something that is very important, but something that I think might be cool for a version down the road sometime, that you might want to consider and keep in the back of your mind.

As I understand it, there are two options with the loading of lines... One option automatically deletes the team lines (TEAM.shl) after loading them, and another one asks you if you would like to delete them. It would be cool if there were a way that STHS would check each file to see if the team had set lines for the NEXT day's games, and if so, saves it. If they have NOT set lines for the NEXT day's games, STHS automatically deletes it.

I do not have ANY experience with coding so I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I think it would be a pretty neat addition to the sim. And if this is already possible, please explain it to me hahaha :lol:
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

1) There is an option asking you if you want to move the file to recycle bin instead of delete item.
2) If you reload the same files over and over, you'll lose the abilities to use multiple lines day because when you'll reload the files, you'll reload your old day 1.
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

So if I use the "move to recycle bin" option, it will allow the use of the multiple lines day? And if I don't delete or move to the recycle bin, it will just continue to use the same Day 1 lines over and over? Sorry I just misunderstood that the first time around.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

No.. The file was to be deleted. That why I only offer the completely delete the file (Default) or send it to recycle bin.

If the files were not delete, you would have the "reload problem".
-SimonT
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Ok great, thanks for the clarification
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

I must say I didn't test it yet, but I was wondering, if the GM made lines for 10 days, if I send the lines to the recycle bin after the 1st simulation day, I will not be able to load his lines for the 2nd day, right ?
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
MLavaty

Post by MLavaty »

Thats what I was thinking... so I kept them in the Input folder... but Simon makes it sound as though if I leave them in the folder, it will continue to load the Day 1 lines for every day.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

MLavaty wrote:Thats what I was thinking... so I kept them in the Input folder... but Simon makes it sound as though if I leave them in the folder, it will continue to load the Day 1 lines for every day.
Correct.
-SimonT
laving
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by laving »

Great topic!

Now I don't have to worry about this thing anymore!
Kostitsyn1489
The Crazy / Le Fou

Post by Kostitsyn1489 »

So... In fact if you load Montreal Line-up(By exemple) the 1st day. and the GM makes hos line-up for 10 day. You'll load all the line of all day so after the 1st games the 2nd day line-up will be used to simulate(Any line line-up are keeping and memory and after a game the used line-up is erase and the second come 1st the 3rd come 2nd etc...). So if you keep the line file in your input folder you'll load the 1st day again and again.
Nwha's young sensation!
starfrit
The SuperStar

Post by starfrit »

I see, so if I understand correctly, lines for future games are kept in the sh1, sh2 or sh3 file until the game is simmed ?
Martin poitras
STHS Beta Testers
Commissaire AHSQ, DG San Jose
http://www.ahsq.ca
http://www.goaliesarchive.com
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

*soupir*.
-SimonT