Defenseman shot totals

This forum should be use to discust players ratings. / Ce forum devrait être utilisé par discuté des côtes des joueurs.
dkrause71
The Accomplished One / L'Accompli

Post by dkrause71 »

Str_QNHL wrote:I think defensmen shot are to low ...
I think defensmen points where to high at the begining
I think the STHS is the best 35$ I spent in ALL of 2006
Since your on the support team, big surprise you think its the best buy you made in 2006. For me is useless until the D and F shots are fixed. Seriously, how can i run a league where Mike Bossy gets 500 shots and Ray Bourque gets 94 after that is done correctly in FHL.

Needless to say, i want to use STHS to run the league instead of FHL and i want to push commissioners to use this game but this needs to be fixed first as its a fundamental part of most sim leagues.

I do want to reitrate that i do think this game is very good outside this one issue and i wouldn't be on this board pushing this if i didnt think so.

Regardless, i think it should be said whether it will be fixed or not, its a simple question and a legit one. As part of the support team i would think you could find out the answer and based on other posts in this thread, i am not the only one interested.
Str_QNHL
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Str_QNHL »

Yes I am on the support team ..
but the only thing that gives me is a special avatar
for the forum ...

it is true that the D men maybe have not enough shots ..
and there is other small thing also ..but if you look at the big picture,
you will see that ( in my opinion ) STHS has way more better thing
then the competition and the couple small thing that could be improved
do not justify staying with the competition

Now....no one can force you to use STHS over the competition
but for me ....the decision was easy ...
I am a Beta tester for the competition and I have nothing to test !!!
hmmm I might use that as a signature :)
Last edited by Str_QNHL on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://qnhl.net
SimonT
STHS Owner / Propriétaire du STHS

Post by SimonT »

Tell me, why do Defenman has less shot? Do they touch the puck less or do they always pass the puck?
-SimonT
Forum Administrator / Administrateur du Forum
STHS Owner / Propriètaire du STHS
English V2 & V3 Manual - Manuel V2 & V3 Français
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

I seriously do not understand the support guy. This is a clear problem that others have mentioned and you don't care. If the game is fine to you, then go play it. Its not for me and i'll push until fixed or i am told it will not be fixed.

The shots are not kinda low- They are extremely low. They are less than half what they should be and forwards are at minimum 30% high.

As for your question Simon, what type of sample would you like? The same player over 1 game, 10 games? 20 games? a season? or all the D on a team for a set number of games? How many touches is correct? Should i use my rosters or do you want me to use one of the sets posted on your site? Should i email them to you or post them here? and lastly, is this a fixable issue?

I am assuming to you want a chart with Touches, Passes and Shots. Its that correct?

Guys, you may think i am just being difficult and maybe i am but i want this game to succeed.
Last edited by dkrause71 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kitsune
The Addict / Le Drogué

Post by Kitsune »

I agree defenseman shots are too low, how to fix it or why it is I dont know, but could have something to do with not taking many shots from the points (seems they pass it to a forward who scores from the slot). Too further add, the sim doesnt have enough rebound/tip in goals, and this is likely a result of the low defenseman shot total too.
Foo
The SuperStar

Post by Foo »

SIMONT: They don't shot often on net on PP
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

I actually try modify the formula for defense today and it's was not pretty. It does affect how much goal defense score, how much shot an goalie get per game, etc :( I came to the conclusion that I cannot just add shot for defense just like that. I did noticed the forward shoot too often also.

dkrause71, Any sample is good. For example, if people tell me that defense pass don't get the puck often, it's less paintfull to modify that add shot for defense.
-SimonT
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Here is some info i dug up, I have all the backup info in an excel sheet if needed. I used my 1985 file which has the forwards with lower SC and the major D with higher SC:

Individual game:
Bruins D Shots

Blocked 2
Missed Net 3
Stopped 9
Goals 0
Total of 14

Bruins Forwards Shots
Blocked 4
Missed 20
Stopped 25
Goals 2
Total 51

Defense 25% of the shots (on goal) in this game came from the Bruins D

For the season (I simmed) they shot 17% of the time

Just for a 2006-2007 Sample, the real bruins D shot 22.8% of the time. Although in 1985 the D did shoot alot more than nowadays. IE Bourque with 300+ shots many years

Blues
Blues D Shots
Blocked 0
Missed Net 8
Stopped 5
Goals 1
Total 14

Blues F Shots
Blocked 15
Missed Net 23
Stopped 28
Goals 4
Total 70

Blues D shot 15.8% of the time in the game (of the ones on goal). They shot 11.9% for this season.

So to wrap up this sample. The high end D are not shooting enough for sure with Bourque, coffey, etc at 90 shots and below for the season. His SC is 90+ in this file. With the lower Du (mainly 70s and lower) and SC (70s and lower), the forwards shots are not too bad, a little high but not horrible although i think they might be missing the net alot rated this way.

The season numbers of Bruins 17%, Blues 11.9% are decently below the 2006-2007 rate of 22.8% which would be well below teams like the Ducks.

If you could somehow get the top D to shoot like 2-3 times more with a mild in actual goals increasing, that would close the gap alot. Along with some forwards shot decreases.

Last Sample- I am looking at the Silvercup league - http://silvercup.ca/SCUP0-TeamScoring.htm#Avalanche
Some samples from his league
Pronger 13 games- 14 shots
Niedermayer- 13 games- 10 shots
Chara- 13 games- 9 shots
D Leader for the League 19 shots in 15 games. 2006-07 NHL had Nine over 200. So the top D shooter are the main issue.

If there is any info missing you need- i'll be happy to dig it up for you.
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

When a defense get the puck in the attack zone, how % does he shoot for you, how much % does he pass and how much % does he skate? Those 3 numbers together should get you to 100%.
-SimonT
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

SimonT wrote:When a defense get the puck in the attack zone, how % does he shoot for you, how much % does he pass and how much % does he skate? Those 3 numbers together should get you to 100%.
Ok i did a game with the 1985 Bruins and followed Ray Bourque. The percentages were:
skates into opponent zone- 26.7%,
Shot 13.3% (5 of the 6 never made it to the net however),
passed 60%

I hope that is what you were after. i have the excel sheet with the events if you want it.
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

Bump

Just want to keep this on Simons mind
SimonT

Post by SimonT »

No Point in Bumping. I'll do it but it won't happen soon. Why? Because this change is too important for a small version update. This change does modify the simulation engine too much for me. I'll fix in a big update, probably in version 1.1.
-SimonT
dkrause71

Post by dkrause71 »

SimonT wrote:No Point in Bumping. I'll do it but it won't happen soon. Why? Because this change is too important for a small version update. This change does modify the simulation engine too much for me. I'll fix in a big update, probably in version 1.1.
Thank You- very psyched for 1.1:)